“Amazing!”
Review of Courtyard Lubbock

Courtyard Lubbock
Ranked #26 of 69 Hotels in Lubbock
Reviewed 14 December 2010

As a platinum marriott member, I have never ever ever receved better service at a Marriott property in my life. From check in until check out, i was welcomed, made welcomed, and every need met without staff being overbearing or intrusive. Was told many times "thank you for staying with us". The bar/deli was closed during the day, but the front desk/sales manager/newly trained barista, opened it up and made me an iced latte without me even asking...she just saw me perusing the menu. I was informed that the rooms will be remodeled soon, and while I don't anticipate coming back to Lubbock ever again, if I do I will be staying here.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank sonomatanning
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Lubbock

Reviewed 14 April 2010

There are many great Courtyards out there with plush bedding, nice paint and pictures on the walls, and generally comfy and nice furniture. This is not one of them.

Although this is a fine Courtyard, it's more like a downgraded Fairfield to me. (Speaking of the Fairfield next door, that's even worse). The bed was trampoline-like, but was okay. The pillows were horrific. Imagine a bag of cotton balls in your pillow. Now imagine that someone removed half the cotton balls exactly where your head should be. Add one more image of knowing that every single pillow in your room is identical. For me, this was a big issue because I slept terribly because I just wasn't comfortable. For you, it might be fine.

There are positive features of the hotel: Breakfast buffet in the lobby (for a cost). Hotel is very quiet (unless your screen rattles in the wind like mine did). Location is also quite nice, especially if you don't have a car. You can walk about 100 yards to an Outback, Jason's Deli, or Applebee's. You can walk about 1-2 blocks to a Walmart, essentially next door.

I have not found a great hotel yet in Lubbock for business. The Courtyard sure doesn't win any awards, so I might keep looking. Hopefully it's in line for a renovation in the near future (and the Fairfield too).

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2008

Came here on a business trip, and try to stay at Courtyards whenever I can. This is a decent and very clean Courtyard, that has not been upgraded to the new renovated rooms. However, the furniture, bed, and other aspects of the room are in good shape. I was very happy with both the room, and the location (can walk to 4 good restaurants - Outback, Cheddar, Jason's Deli and IHOP - as well as a Wal-Mart, and good freeway access). But was very disappointed in the service. I arrived at 4PM but had to wait 1 hour for a room - no apologies. Front desk clerk was not around and found out he was taking care of his 2 year old daughter rather than manning the desk. There were no evening cookies or morning paper for all three weekdays of my stay, as is typical of other Courtyards. I just think they are lax here about service and have a lot of young people who don't care manning the front desk. Not sure if I would return or not - would need to check out some other places in the area first.

Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank drichrx
TharaldsonCorporate, Hotel Management Company at Courtyard Lubbock, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2009

I would like to thank you all for the feedback on our hotel. We value all feedback from our guests and utilize it to evaluate what we are doing right and what can be done to improve each stay for all our guests. We are always open to suggestions as we continuously look for ways to improve our guests’ experiences at our hotel. We desire to address any situation immediately in hopes that you will look to us again in the future when booking a room in Lubbock.

Reviewed 29 June 2008

I almost gave this hotel the Okay, but some problems rating. There were four things that I consider major problems -

1) When I lifted the toilet seat, there was massive poop splash back under the seat! YUCK!!! YUCK!!! YUCK!!!

2) It was 98 degrees and the air conditioning could not keep up. The room was about 85 degrees. At about 2 am it would cool down. By 7 am it was back in the 80's.

3) The internet connection went down on my second day there and never came back up.

4) Very poor breakfast selection. The bananas were black as soot. Why would they leave bananas out there that looked like that? They must have been two or three weeks old.

This is a good location. There are restaurants galore within a mile. Or, you can simply walk to one across the parking lot. The room was reasonably quiet.

The toilet seat adventure absolutely grossed me out!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Ultimatetravelking
Reviewed 7 April 2008

The Courtyard in Lubbock was very clean and comfortable. The staff was nice and professional. We did not buy the breakfast buffet. There is not a restaurant in the hotel as advertised. Nor did our room have a refridge as advertised. However our stay was very nice. I made a mistake and booked the room through Priceline because I thought that they always offered the lowest price...wrong...I learned my lesson. I ended up paying way too much. I could have saved by calling the Marriott direct or using
I discovered this after the fact and could not cancel my reservation through Priceline-I would have been charged one night +$25.00. I will not trust Priceline or William Shatner again :(
But, I will stay in the Courtyard/Lubbock again :)

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)