“Dinner”

Duke's Fish Shack
Ranked #45 of 243 Restaurants in Longview
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Wonderful fried fish, yummy hush puppies, and great service. We eat here frequently! It is consistently delicious!

Reviewed 14 July 2016

My husband had the whole catfish, while I had the fillets. There was a lot of food on the plate! 4 big fillets. Couldn't eat it all as good as it was. My husband loved the whole fish, and did finish his and the rest of mine. Good stuff. The okra and beans were delicious as well. Our waitress anticipated our needs and was top notch! We will be back!

1  Thank Amy M
Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

The wife and I decided to give Duke's a try. I must say we were pleasantly surprised. A little bit of a wait to be seated but it was well worth it. The fish and shrimp were excellent and even the sides were noteworthy. I even liked the beans which is a rarity for me at reataurants. Overall service was good for a busy Friday night and Duke's has earned a new customer.

Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

On a Tuesday at 12:30pm, hardly anyone was there. We were greeted immediately and a server took drink order almost instantly. Good strong sweet tea! The baked potato was good as well as the fish filets. They were very good size. The amount of okra was small, but before I could even say anything they brought a bowl full of fresh hot okra and said they were fixing more but didn't want me to wait on the rest of my food! Drink never ran out. John Wayne photos all around. Very Texas decor which I loved. If I'm back at the airport again, I'll go back for sure!

Reviewed 9 August 2015

My husband and I eat here at least a couple of times a month. The quality of the food is always top-notch, and the service wonderful. The people who work here really know how to treat customers. They always get our usual drinks and a bowl of pickle slices for my husband before we even ask. We are made to feel like our business is appreciated, and that they are glad we came. We are always greeted when we arrive, and thanked when we leave. That's how every customer is treated.
The fish is so fresh, white, clean, and mild, that any other fish we eat in other places seems "dirty" and fishy. The fillets are large and plump, juicy but not greasy. The breading is perfectly seasoned, and served with their own tartar sauce which is rich and creamy. The hush puppies are the best I've ever had anywhere. They are a bit spicy with tiny jalapeno bits, fried perfectly, and they melt in your mouth. The cole slaw is wonderful, and the fries are seasoned, crisp on the outside, soft on the inside. The baked potatoes are just right, cooked til soft.
I imagine their other dishes are good, I've just never been able to tear myself away from what I know is fabulous to try anything else.
Duke's is always perfect.

1  Thank NancyTi