“Great food”

Casa Maria
Ranked #24 of 86 Restaurants in Kyle
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 31 May 2017

I have never had a bad meal here. The choices are varied and the menu is quite extensive. I especially like their enchiladas and tacos. Breakfast is also excellent here.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Our trip to Kyle always starts here and never disappoints. The breakfasts are a combination of mex-American and can be as spicy as you want it. The staff is friendly and attentive. Chris is the best and tears us like family. The place is clean and the food is better than average. Breakfast has been excellent for us.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

First I support family businesses, but the service was slow when we finally got our food the posole was spoiled. When we asked to speak to the manager we were informed he was to busy and were referred to a cashier who basically ignored our comments and gave a grudging apology. All the time we're talking the roof is leaking into the area where the food is picked up from the kitchen. The rest of the meals were not served hot. I would not recommend this place. I hope the owner reads this and corrects the problems.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

Madame and I ventured in to Casa Maria on a rainy March Thursday evening not long ago, having wondered about the place since we moved to the area. Positive comments from a good friend encouraged us, however, and as it turned out we had a quite enjoyable dinner.

The place is clean, friendly, and inexpensive; decor is on the plain side but that's fine with us. And it feels really authentic (we Anglophones were in a decisive minority, a good sign for this sort of restaurant) -- particularly when you get your order. My enchiladas suizas were as good as I've had anywhere, and Madame's two enchiladas (chicken, and cheese, as I recall) were a hit as well. The black beans were really fine; the rice on the enchilada plate was above average in taste. We shared a flan for dessert, and it was unusually rich and sturdy -- I really liked it.

There is a full bar for beer, margaritas (my Presidente 'rita was first-rate), and a few wine offerings (vino, not surprisingly, is not the bar's top priority). Service was friendly and maybe just a little on the slow side, but then the place was doing a brisk business. After dinner we went out through the bakery, where there are lots of temptations; we came home with some sugary _orejas_ that were quite a hit the next day, and some good fudgy sugar candy too.

Casa Maria - Kyle is part of a small chain in this area. Reservations for two are not accepted, but for larger groups I believe they would be -- in any event we were seated immediately. There is a lot of parking on-site; I believe all the major cards are accepted as well. The steady flow of locals suggests that Casa Maria succeeds at pleasing its clientele, in a significantly Hispanic community where Tex-Mex choices abound. We'll definitely return...

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Watery posole! My favorite soup at the San Marcos location. Here it was watery, cubed fatty pork and gulp...cardboard chalupa shells. Yuck.

Been to Casa Maria? Share your experiences!