“Very good Tex-Mex, and don't miss the bakery...”
Review of Casa Maria

Casa Maria
Ranked #26 of 87 Restaurants in Kyle
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 18 March 2017

Madame and I ventured in to Casa Maria on a rainy March Thursday evening not long ago, having wondered about the place since we moved to the area. Positive comments from a good friend encouraged us, however, and as it turned out we had a quite enjoyable dinner.

The place is clean, friendly, and inexpensive; decor is on the plain side but that's fine with us. And it feels really authentic (we Anglophones were in a decisive minority, a good sign for this sort of restaurant) -- particularly when you get your order. My enchiladas suizas were as good as I've had anywhere, and Madame's two enchiladas (chicken, and cheese, as I recall) were a hit as well. The black beans were really fine; the rice on the enchilada plate was above average in taste. We shared a flan for dessert, and it was unusually rich and sturdy -- I really liked it.

There is a full bar for beer, margaritas (my Presidente 'rita was first-rate), and a few wine offerings (vino, not surprisingly, is not the bar's top priority). Service was friendly and maybe just a little on the slow side, but then the place was doing a brisk business. After dinner we went out through the bakery, where there are lots of temptations; we came home with some sugary _orejas_ that were quite a hit the next day, and some good fudgy sugar candy too.

Casa Maria - Kyle is part of a small chain in this area. Reservations for two are not accepted, but for larger groups I believe they would be -- in any event we were seated immediately. There is a lot of parking on-site; I believe all the major cards are accepted as well. The steady flow of locals suggests that Casa Maria succeeds at pleasing its clientele, in a significantly Hispanic community where Tex-Mex choices abound. We'll definitely return...

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Watery posole! My favorite soup at the San Marcos location. Here it was watery, cubed fatty pork and gulp...cardboard chalupa shells. Yuck.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

I'm actually a local who eats here once a week. I have never had less than stellar service and food from Casa Marias. I'm calling in an order now . .

no, seriously, I am

Reviewed 1 May 2016

We met friends at Casa Maria, and found the food good; generous proportions; and relaxing atmosphere

Reviewed 8 August 2015

OK food, just under OK service, Much better places down the road. They do have a drive-through and bakery.

Been to Casa Maria? Share your experiences!