“Average”

Saltgrass Steak House
Ranked #14 of 628 Restaurants in Katy
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: An award-winning steakhouse famous for serving Certified Angus Beef® steaks. Each steak is cooked to perfection with Saltgrass-7 Steak Spice, and topped with garlic butter. All breads, dressings, soups and desserts are made from scratch daily. Great food and legendary hospitality make Saltgrass an enjoyable experience for the whole family.
Reviewed 27 December 2017

I stopped in here for lunch while waiting for Discount Tires to service my car. I sat at the bar area. Got a Margarita and ordered the Fried Shrimp appetizer. And got the Smothered Strip with a side of Mac & Cheese.

The shrimp was so so. I did not like the heavy breading. My steak was cooked the way I liked however I found it to be quite salty. I am thinking the sauce from the sauteed mushrooms and caramelized onions made it very salty. I was thirsty hours after this meal.The mac & cheese was spot on though.

Only reason I came here for lunch was because it was convenient while waiting for my car. I doubt I will go out of my way to come here again. I will only be back when I have my tires rotated again. There are plenty of high end steakhouses all over Houston to go to.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Early December my book club, 10 fun friends, gathered in their front private room. Saltgrass did not charge us a fee to use the room OR have a minimum order charge. Waitress was so nice. Service stellar. And, my 6 oz steak was one of the best I've enjoyed in years. My baked potato, flaky and filled with butter, made the meal ideal.
Thanks -- i suspect we'll be back again!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Saltgrass Steakhouse is always one of my first go to places when I am thinking of going out to dinner. I met a blind date at this one and now he is my fiancé so it has a special meaning for me! Great food, great service and reasonable prices!

Reviewed 2 November 2017

Stopped here on our recent trip to Houston. We eat at Saltgrass here in Lake Charles often and knew we would be getting quality food and service. We were not disappointed. Wanted a light lunch, but instead, got the prime rib and it was cooked to perfection. The waitress was funny, polite, and very professional. Could not have asked for a better lunch experience. She also recommended a cold draft while enjoying our lunch and yes we accepted. The manager also came by and addressed us and wanted to know if everything was to our satisfaction. Made our lunch extremely enjoyable and fun. Highly recommend this establishment for a great lunch.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I really like this place. The food is delicious, they serve big portions and the service is good. The fried onions are amazing!!!!