Old Mulberry Inn and Cottages
Priceline
TripAdvisor
Inn of Jefferson(Jefferson)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe cottagesthe main housetuscan suiteanother couplebed and breakfastmy husband and icalifornia dreamingtuscan sungenerous hostsb bnew ownersgreat ownersplan to returncommon areasbeautiful propertylarge bathroomevery morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2010

We chose the Old Mulberry Inn because we were looking for a relaxing and quiet place to get away from the kids. That is exactly what we got. Our host, Theresa, was very gracious upon arrival, offering us a glass of wine and going over all of the details of the inn. We stayed in the Tuscan Suite, a cottage located on the grounds, which was awesome. It has its own separate sitting area outside of the bedroom. The bathroom has to take the center of attention though. It has a two person soaking tub, bubble bath included, and a separate double head shower. It was very elegant and made our stay even more relaxing. The king size bed was very comfortable and had hotel like linens. Breakfast the next morning was incredible. The three courses included, English yogurt with granola, Vegetable Fritatta w/a side of ham, then lastly was a mini lemon cake with this yummy vanilla sauce. Very, very delicious. Some special little things that the inn does include, having a snack table in the main house with crackers and homemade cookies. Also your choice of some nice wines from a local winery, all complimentary. The grounds are very well kept and inviting. There are several areas with outdoor furniture that welcome to be used. There was only two things that you need to know before going. There is a train track located nearby and 4-5 trains went through during the night. I am a light sleeper and heard every single one. The guests in the main house said that they did not hear them. The inn really has no control over this issue. Breakfast has one seating, at 9:00 a.m. You must inform the hosts the night before if you are attending. It is not the worst thing in the world, but if you want an inn that you can sleep late, you will miss breakfast at this one. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2010

I recently stayed at the Old Mulberry Inn Bed and Breakfast and found the signature "fluffly" eggs were the best I have ever had. I don't usually eat breakfast and the 3 course gourmet breakfast was delicious. There was so much food I didn't even need lunch. The inn was beautiful, yet homey and cozy. My room was very comfortable
and spacious. The guest soaps even smelled like Mulberry. The inn itself was decorated in period antiques, very charming. There was at the end of a quiet street with a big porch to relax on to read a book. The inn's owner anticipated my every need before I could even ask with tea for breakfast and afternoon snacks. It was the most relaxing vacation I have had in years!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 December 2009

The accomodations were nice. We stayed in the Tuscan Suite in one of the cottages.
We purposely picked a suite with a sitting room assuming the TV would be in the sitting room but it was in the bedroom. The sitting room was uncomfortable. One chair and one small piece of a sectional not romantically built for two. So spending the extra money for a suite is totally useless.
There was a "Do Not" sign around every corner which made us feel like children. We had no maid service, though it clearly stated in the rooms handbook that we would have someone come in the room to make up the bed. I can live with an un-made bed but clean coffee cups and water glasses and more coffee would have been nice. We had to call for an iron, they had "one" they could give us but no ironing board. What if someone else needed it? At breakfast we were not asked about allergies and were not given any description of what we were eating. The plate was just dropped in front of us. The meal was tasty but not as gourmet as I've had in some B&B's, basically something I could make myself, which isn't saying much, and the inn keeper never even introduced herself to us. The second day we decided to sleep in and go to the local bakery for breakfast were we happened to see another couple staying at the Inn, they apparently decided to skip breakfast also.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank wdwgalPlano
Reviewed 16 November 2009

My mom and I spent a night in Jefferson recently. We loved the Old Mulberry Inn. Our room (California Dreamin') was beautiful; I am a "linen snob," and I loved the linens! Our three-course breakfast was delicious. We met one of the new innkeepers, and she was extremely hospitable and accommodating. Parking is convenient, and the house is comfortable. I would definitely recommend this B&B, and we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed 30 August 2009

Pure Delight! My husband and I chose this place for a one night 'get away', simply by its web site....you know anything can be made to look good on line, but The Mulberry Inn, is all it claims to be. Simply the coolest, cleanest, most peaceful B and B we have ever visited, and we have been to many. This is not your typical, musty, dusty, sometimes creepy destination, its a new property, made to feel like an older charming home.
We think it is awesome...Donald and Gloria are wonderful hosts and we can't wait to return.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple