“VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE”
Review of Old Mulberry Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jefferson
Old Mulberry Inn
Ranked #9 of 27 Jefferson B&B and Inns
Longview, Texas
“VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE”
Reviewed 10 November 2010

My group booked multiple rooms with this B&B for my wedding. I chose this B&B because of the beautiful modern rooms and the nice, young, amenable lady who showed me every room in the house and stayed late to do so.
The older lady who was actually running the place the weekend of the wedding was very rude to all of my friends and family upon check in. I also asked about getting the breakfast on a to-go plate since me and my bridesmaids would be getting my hair done at the same time as breakfast and the inn keeper just straight up said no she couldn't do that without any explanation. We paid for the breakfast but she was unwilling to work with us at all. She was very short will all of my family and unhospitable. When we did show up to breakfast, she made rude comments to us about the people who did not show up for breakfast. She also expected us to have a decision made about tomorrow's breakfast by 10am the morning before. There was just one other couple in the B&B besides my wedding party, so if it wasn't for us, she wouldn't have had an empty inn. There was not even any soap or body wash in the bathrooms and there were little anal notes everywhere about which towels to wash your make-up off with etc. Very strange. Even Motel 6 can figure out how to get make-up out of a wash rag.

THe breakfast was not very good and my brother chose to go to McDonalds the 2nd day instead of listening to the rude innkeeper (its sad that I don't even know her name) and eat her aweful breakfast!! I stayed the next night with my husband in the House of the Seasons down the streat and Shirley, the innkeeper there was MUCH MUCH more sociable and extremely nice and got to know my huband and I even though we only spent one night there. I would never recommend this Inn to any friends or family visiting. I also had family at Delta St Inn, the Benefield house, THe Faded Rose and they were ll very impressed with thier rooms and innkeepers. Don't waste your time or money at Mulberry Inn

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank aggielane06
mulberry3, Owner at Old Mulberry Inn, responded to this review, 13 November 2010
Dear aggielane06

We are sorry to hear you were disappointed in our service at Old Mulberry Inn. I don’t believe I was rude intentionally to anyone in your party but as quite a few were checking in all at the same time, it was pretty noisy and I was trying to get everyone checked in and show them their room. If someone needed more or extra information, I would have been more than happy to go over things again with them.

Had the bride introduced herself to me, I would have been happy to go over anything she did not understand or anything extra she might have needed in getting things done to make it easier for her. We have had numerous wedding parties stay here before and they have all been very nice and we have done whatever needed to be done to help the bride and groom.

There was one couple in your wedding party who stayed in the English Garden and was not staying Saturday night. As check-out is at 11:00 AM Saturday morning, I talked to her and asked if they would like to use the room until they left for the wedding, which they did. We also supplied an iron and ironing board and any other items requested.

If the Bride wanted in room breakfast all she needed to do is reserve one of the two rooms that can have breakfast served in the room. We are preparing a three course breakfast for up to 20 people in the dinning room, we can not serve some people early or separately and we could not fix numerous plates to go as we are only two people not a multi staffed hotel chain. As your wedding was taking place at 2:00 PM, I figured no one would be back until late so that was the reason for asking about breakfast for the next morning before everyone got too busy with getting ready for wedding. We have prepared the breakfast that was served Saturday morning and we have never had complaints that it was an “awful” breakfast. We appreciate that some people’s taste run more to “McDonald’s” but we tailor our menu to please a large number of people and our breakfast is free and do not force anyone to attend.

There was shower soap, hand soap, shampoo and hand lotion in every room. If you used what was in your room, all you need to do is asked for it to be replaced and we would have been happy to have done so. As for the card about the face cloth, you can not get make-up out of a white washcloth without using very strong chemicals, as we prefer our guest to have soft luxurious towels and linens, (Unlike Motel 6) we choose to supply a wash cloth specific for make-up removal.

We did have three other couples here that same week-end and each couple made it a point to thank us for the breakfasts and said they had a wonderful time. Two of those couples had just gotten married the day they were here. We turned away two other wedding parties for that weekend so our Inn would not have been empty that weekend or any other weekend, but thank you for your concern in our bookings.

We at Old Mulberry Inn and Cottages wish you a wonderful marriage and life together.

Take Care

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Rowlett, Texas
Reviewed 16 August 2010

We chose the Old Mulberry Inn because we were looking for a relaxing and quiet place to get away from the kids. That is exactly what we got. Our host, Theresa, was very gracious upon arrival, offering us a glass of wine and going over all of the details of the inn. We stayed in the Tuscan Suite, a cottage located on the grounds, which was awesome. It has its own separate sitting area outside of the bedroom. The bathroom has to take the center of attention though. It has a two person soaking tub, bubble bath included, and a separate double head shower. It was very elegant and made our stay even more relaxing. The king size bed was very comfortable and had hotel like linens. Breakfast the next morning was incredible. The three courses included, English yogurt with granola, Vegetable Fritatta w/a side of ham, then lastly was a mini lemon cake with this yummy vanilla sauce. Very, very delicious. Some special little things that the inn does include, having a snack table in the main house with crackers and homemade cookies. Also your choice of some nice wines from a local winery, all complimentary. The grounds are very well kept and inviting. There are several areas with outdoor furniture that welcome to be used. There was only two things that you need to know before going. There is a train track located nearby and 4-5 trains went through during the night. I am a light sleeper and heard every single one. The guests in the main house said that they did not hear them. The inn really has no control over this issue. Breakfast has one seating, at 9:00 a.m. You must inform the hosts the night before if you are attending. It is not the worst thing in the world, but if you want an inn that you can sleep late, you will miss breakfast at this one. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Boston
Reviewed 14 April 2010

I recently stayed at the Old Mulberry Inn Bed and Breakfast and found the signature "fluffly" eggs were the best I have ever had. I don't usually eat breakfast and the 3 course gourmet breakfast was delicious. There was so much food I didn't even need lunch. The inn was beautiful, yet homey and cozy. My room was very comfortable
and spacious. The guest soaps even smelled like Mulberry. The inn itself was decorated in period antiques, very charming. There was at the end of a quiet street with a big porch to relax on to read a book. The inn's owner anticipated my every need before I could even ask with tea for breakfast and afternoon snacks. It was the most relaxing vacation I have had in years!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
Dallas
Reviewed 15 December 2009

The accomodations were nice. We stayed in the Tuscan Suite in one of the cottages.
We purposely picked a suite with a sitting room assuming the TV would be in the sitting room but it was in the bedroom. The sitting room was uncomfortable. One chair and one small piece of a sectional not romantically built for two. So spending the extra money for a suite is totally useless.
There was a "Do Not" sign around every corner which made us feel like children. We had no maid service, though it clearly stated in the rooms handbook that we would have someone come in the room to make up the bed. I can live with an un-made bed but clean coffee cups and water glasses and more coffee would have been nice. We had to call for an iron, they had "one" they could give us but no ironing board. What if someone else needed it? At breakfast we were not asked about allergies and were not given any description of what we were eating. The plate was just dropped in front of us. The meal was tasty but not as gourmet as I've had in some B&B's, basically something I could make myself, which isn't saying much, and the inn keeper never even introduced herself to us. The second day we decided to sleep in and go to the local bakery for breakfast were we happened to see another couple staying at the Inn, they apparently decided to skip breakfast also.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank wdwgalPlano
Texas
Reviewed 16 November 2009

My mom and I spent a night in Jefferson recently. We loved the Old Mulberry Inn. Our room (California Dreamin') was beautiful; I am a "linen snob," and I loved the linens! Our three-course breakfast was delicious. We met one of the new innkeepers, and she was extremely hospitable and accommodating. Parking is convenient, and the house is comfortable. I would definitely recommend this B&B, and we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jefferson
0.7 km away
209.3 km away
The Steamboat Inn
The Steamboat Inn
#10 of 27 in Jefferson

Been to Old Mulberry Inn? Share your experiences!