“Much needed getaway”

The Carriage House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 28 Jefferson B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 September 2017

My long-time best girlfriend came to my home in East Texas for a visit. She suggested a stay in Jefferson in order for me to get away, and after researching, we chose the Carriage House; specifically the Red River Room at the Sam Houston House. It was perfect! The light and airy two bed bedroom looks out on the front porch. Very quiet and thoughtfully stocked for our every need. Though I enjoy the B&B charm of meeting new people, this trip was for my girlfriend and I to catch up on each other's families and lives as we had not visited with each other in over a year. (And solve all the world's problems, as we like to say!)
And so the facility and amenities were exactly what we needed for wonderful stay with an undisturbed quiet evening on the front porch until late that night. The next morning short walk to the main house for breakfast was truly amazing! Mimosas, quiche, the most fabulous blueberry bread pudding EVER; along with awesome service. Jessie and her husband are warm and gracious hosts and the love they have for their business is evident in the care they take of their guests. In the past several years, I've stayed in many B&B's and the Carriage House is certainly a cut above; I highly recommend a visit!

Room Tip: Red River room offers two beds in one guestroom.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Jessi401, Owner at The Carriage House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Truly, one of the charms about staying in a bed and breakfast is the fact that you get to meet and visiting with new people. We have seen many new friendships start and build here on our wrap around porch or the fire pit area with drinks and s'mores. It makes what we do well worthwhile. We are pleased that you enjoyed the privacy of our other property and thank you for the thorough house, rooms and amenity description. It was our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to seeing you ladies again.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

We dropped in with short reservation notice. We were riding our motorcycle and the heat started to take a toll. We made a reservations, confirmed it and showed up within 15 minutes. Was greeted with a smile and open arms. Due to the short reservation notice our room was not ready, however we were shown other rooms that were available and was allowed to make a choice. This allowed us to grab a shower and cool down.

The room was very clean and nicely furnished. AC worked great, ceiling fan a plus. Cable TV, large closet area allowing us to place our riding gear and bags out of the way. Jay Goule room has a western decor and it made us feel at home.

In the evening a fire will be made in the pit, comfy seating around, ingredients for SMORES, and a quiet area where friendships can be made. In the morning the fire is going, fresh ground coffee will be awaiting you from 630 until breakfast

Breakfast is a two-course meal. Coffee, choice of juices can be consumed either inside seating or out on the wrap around porch. The first course was a desert "chimichanga" that was filled with warm cherries and covered with a strawberry conception with fresh whip cream and almond slivers. I am not a sweet type of person but this was great. The second meal consist of fried grits covered with thinly sliced potatoes and gouda cheese. A poached egg with ham, fresh spinach, English muffin made the best Eggs Benedict ever.

The meal alone is worth going down and staying.

All of the staff were super great.

Thanks for the hospitality.

Room Tip: I would be inclined to say all rooms would be great. However the outside rooms are more secluded.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for the glowing review. I am happy to hear that your drop in visit with us was enjoyable. Jefferson, Tx is a fabulous city and I am happy to say I love having a B&B here to compliment the city. The next time you are driving by, remember we are here just waiting to provide another stay of hospitality.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Jessie has made a wonderful and very comfortable B and B. This is one if the best we have ever stayed at. Breakfast is fabulous. This is a must stay if you are in the Jefferson area.
Lovely living room and special nights for wine and "s'mores"

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. We have some of the nicest people who visit us here. I am happy to say it was nice to meet you all. I sometimes think our guests come back for the s'mores and the fire pit. Our outside sitting areas are my favorite. I am thrilled that you got to enjoy the B&B. Come back soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We stayed here over Labor Day weekend just to get away from Dallas for a night. It is a very nice place. We didn't stay for the breakfast (we wanted to get on the road early) but the room was very pleasant and comfortable. The owners are great - very friendly and helpful. We wished we could have spent more time there and hope to the next time we are in town. Thank you!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Jessi401, Owner at The Carriage House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

I wanted to say thank you, again for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay. Hopefully, you will come and stay for a couple of nights and get the full experience including our breakfast. Until next time, safe travels.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

One of the best B&B's I've stayed at from the charming rooms to the gardens. Very cozy and welcoming, with outside seating by fire pit. The owners/operators and staff were the best and the breakfast the owner (lady) made were out of the world...she can really cook up a breakfast that will carry you through the day. Coffee available 24/7, drinks of soda, wine, water, etc available 24/7. My husband and I made last minute plans to go to Jefferson and the owners waiting up for us to arrive and made us feel very welcome. Would recommend to all.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Jessi401, Owner at The Carriage House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Last minute travel is always a lot of fun. We are so happy you choose to stay with us. Fall is right around the corner and I am so excited to sit at the fire pit all bundled up in one of our great blankets. Hopefully, you will make it back this way and enjoy once again. thank you for the fabulous review.