All reviewsfire pitwrap around porchblueberry bread puddingchimichangaeggs benedictmade us feelwithin walking distancemy cousinboat tourevery morningwhite picket fencelittle touchesfeel right at homeglass of winein townb and bgreat place to stay
Reviewed 13 November 2012

This was our 4th trip to Jefferson,Texas but our first stay at The Carriage House. When my husband and I walked in, we knew.........we were going to be spoiled!!! Stephanie is an Angel and takes such pride in doing any and everything possible to make your stay perfect. When we arrived, there were fresh baked cookies in our room. Goumet Coffee at our disposal, snacks, sodas....you name it. In the morning, the breakfast was 2 courses. Was to die for!!!!
I HIGHLY recommend a stay there. You go once, I guarantee you'll be back.
I'm ready for our next trip!!!
Sherri & David Shaw

Room Tip: If you know when you are planning on going on any trip, try to make your reservation well in advance to guarantee you will get a room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2012

My daughter and I stayed at Carriage House last weekend and had such a lovely time that we hope to return again. Stephanie is so very gracious ...cake/cookies waiting for us in our room, hot coffee in the courtyard in the morning, helpful advice about places to go and what to see. Her attention to personal details made it memorable. And the breakfast! Oh, the delicious breakfast! My daughter, who can be a selective eater, commented several times throughout the day that it was one of the best breakfasts she could remember! Our room, the Diamond Bessie, was clean and beautiful.We could not have asked for a better location in walking to downtown Jefferson. Thank you, Stephanie, for such a lovely weekend! We would love for The Carriage House and Jefferson to be an annual trip.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Somebodytexas
Reviewed 16 October 2012

We spent Labor Day weekend at the Carriage House and enjoyed every minute. The room was nicely appointed and the grounds were beautiful.

The location is perfect, within walking distance to downtown.
This is a town with a ton of B&Bs and this was by far the best location we saw in our explorations.

The hosts were friendly and well-informed regarding events, local eateries, and activities. They have established relationships with the local businesses and made reservations for any and all activities you wanted to participate in.

The food was fantastic. Not only was there a delicious breakfast every morning but fresh cookies in the room every day.

We would highly recommend this bed and breakfast for a couple looking to get away from it all.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I have stayed at 5 b&b's in Jefferson, and this one is my favorite so far! Nicely done, spotlessly clean rooms, a porch that takes you back in time, and a cozy courtyard. The owners are knowledgable and friendly. Without Tom's advice and phone call we would have missed a fantastic steamboat ride. Oh - take Tom's restaurant advice as well!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2012

My sister, mom, and I spent the weekend in Jefferson and stayed in the Ruth Lester room. I cannot adequately express to you how wonderful our stay was made by Stephanie and Tom. we arrived late Friday evening which was not a problem - they left the light on for us. My mom was immediately touched by the chocolate chip cake, sweet card and rose that they left for her in honor of her birthday!! Breakfast the next morning began with coffee in the courtyard then proceeded to the lovely dining room where the splendor of a fabulous 2 course breakfast awaited us. Seriously delicious and filling! Tom and Stephanie gave us their recommendations for things to do that weekend and places to eat. We enjoyed the riverbend boat tour on the bayou (perfect in every way), we attended the wine faire, antique shopped, went to the general store, ate at the hamburger place, bulldog pizza (more than just pizza family owned yummy dessert) and the
Austin place. Fabulous food!! Evening tea in our room was the perfect way to end our perfect stay at the carriage house! We will be back and look forward to visiting again!! Thank you again for a beautiful weekend!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family