All reviews fire pit wrap around porch blueberry bread pudding chimichanga within walking distance eggs benedict made us feel my cousin boat tour every morning white picket fence complimentary wine little touches feel right at home in town b and b lovely room
Reviewed 29 October 2012

My daughter and I stayed at Carriage House last weekend and had such a lovely time that we hope to return again. Stephanie is so very gracious ...cake/cookies waiting for us in our room, hot coffee in the courtyard in the morning, helpful advice about places to go and what to see. Her attention to personal details made it memorable. And the breakfast! Oh, the delicious breakfast! My daughter, who can be a selective eater, commented several times throughout the day that it was one of the best breakfasts she could remember! Our room, the Diamond Bessie, was clean and beautiful.We could not have asked for a better location in walking to downtown Jefferson. Thank you, Stephanie, for such a lovely weekend! We would love for The Carriage House and Jefferson to be an annual trip.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Somebodytexas
Reviewed 16 October 2012

We spent Labor Day weekend at the Carriage House and enjoyed every minute. The room was nicely appointed and the grounds were beautiful.

The location is perfect, within walking distance to downtown.
This is a town with a ton of B&Bs and this was by far the best location we saw in our explorations.

The hosts were friendly and well-informed regarding events, local eateries, and activities. They have established relationships with the local businesses and made reservations for any and all activities you wanted to participate in.

The food was fantastic. Not only was there a delicious breakfast every morning but fresh cookies in the room every day.

We would highly recommend this bed and breakfast for a couple looking to get away from it all.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I have stayed at 5 b&b's in Jefferson, and this one is my favorite so far! Nicely done, spotlessly clean rooms, a porch that takes you back in time, and a cozy courtyard. The owners are knowledgable and friendly. Without Tom's advice and phone call we would have missed a fantastic steamboat ride. Oh - take Tom's restaurant advice as well!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2012

My sister, mom, and I spent the weekend in Jefferson and stayed in the Ruth Lester room. I cannot adequately express to you how wonderful our stay was made by Stephanie and Tom. we arrived late Friday evening which was not a problem - they left the light on for us. My mom was immediately touched by the chocolate chip cake, sweet card and rose that they left for her in honor of her birthday!! Breakfast the next morning began with coffee in the courtyard then proceeded to the lovely dining room where the splendor of a fabulous 2 course breakfast awaited us. Seriously delicious and filling! Tom and Stephanie gave us their recommendations for things to do that weekend and places to eat. We enjoyed the riverbend boat tour on the bayou (perfect in every way), we attended the wine faire, antique shopped, went to the general store, ate at the hamburger place, bulldog pizza (more than just pizza family owned yummy dessert) and the
Austin place. Fabulous food!! Evening tea in our room was the perfect way to end our perfect stay at the carriage house! We will be back and look forward to visiting again!! Thank you again for a beautiful weekend!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2012

The first time I stayed at Tom and Stephanie's Carriage House BnB was new year's Eve 2011. In November of that year a friend of mine first introduced me to Jefferson, Texas. For those of you who don't know anything about Jefferson, let me share with you what I have experienced. Jefferson's historical center is found right off if Rt 59 about 12 miles north of Marshall, Texas. As one enters the center of town, time rapidly peals away and one is thrown back to the middle of the 19th century. The streets become brick laden and the shops and stores with their wrought-iron balconies and facades abound with an antique and quiet elegance that immediately lowers the stress and tension demeanor of anyone who enters this enchanted gem of a town!

The Carriage House BnB is located directly on the main street to Jefferson and is only a few blocks from the center of this "step back in time" village. The main house is a Victorian style gingerbread cottage which has a full wrap around porch. The living and dining rooms are daintily decorated with authentic period pieces that are a visual delight to the eye. There are several beautifully decorated and equally comfortable rooms in the main house, and, nestled around the back of the main house are several attached but individual cottages that are all historically decorated to the spirit of this town and are pristine in their upkeep and appearance.

Between the main house and the cottages is a lovely courtyard with a fire pit that is always ablaze and absolutely delightful and literally and figuratively warm for the mind and body. On a crisp Texan autumn afternoon, one could just sit for hours and absorb the warmth of the fire and just let the world slip away. A nice bottle of wine will enhance this experience triple-fold! Take it from one who knows!

Breakfast is a pure delight and my mere words cannot adequately express the culinary expertise of the charming and gracious hostess of the B n B -Stephanie. Tom, the host, provides any and everything one may need, and is just great to be around!

I have spent many a wonderful weekend at The Carriage House and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a real treat!

Room Tip: Just park on the side road next to the Carriage House. Auntie Skinner's Tavern is a real treat and you have to check out all the antique shops. Great and inexpensive finds!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends