All reviews fire pit wrap around porch blueberry bread pudding chimichanga eggs benedict made us feel within walking distance my cousin boat tour every morning white picket fence little touches feel right at home glass of wine in town b and b great place to stay
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I have stayed at 5 b&b's in Jefferson, and this one is my favorite so far! Nicely done, spotlessly clean rooms, a porch that takes you back in time, and a cozy courtyard. The owners are knowledgable and friendly. Without Tom's advice and phone call we would have missed a fantastic steamboat ride. Oh - take Tom's restaurant advice as well!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2012

My sister, mom, and I spent the weekend in Jefferson and stayed in the Ruth Lester room. I cannot adequately express to you how wonderful our stay was made by Stephanie and Tom. we arrived late Friday evening which was not a problem - they left the light on for us. My mom was immediately touched by the chocolate chip cake, sweet card and rose that they left for her in honor of her birthday!! Breakfast the next morning began with coffee in the courtyard then proceeded to the lovely dining room where the splendor of a fabulous 2 course breakfast awaited us. Seriously delicious and filling! Tom and Stephanie gave us their recommendations for things to do that weekend and places to eat. We enjoyed the riverbend boat tour on the bayou (perfect in every way), we attended the wine faire, antique shopped, went to the general store, ate at the hamburger place, bulldog pizza (more than just pizza family owned yummy dessert) and the
Austin place. Fabulous food!! Evening tea in our room was the perfect way to end our perfect stay at the carriage house! We will be back and look forward to visiting again!! Thank you again for a beautiful weekend!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2012

The first time I stayed at Tom and Stephanie's Carriage House BnB was new year's Eve 2011. In November of that year a friend of mine first introduced me to Jefferson, Texas. For those of you who don't know anything about Jefferson, let me share with you what I have experienced. Jefferson's historical center is found right off if Rt 59 about 12 miles north of Marshall, Texas. As one enters the center of town, time rapidly peals away and one is thrown back to the middle of the 19th century. The streets become brick laden and the shops and stores with their wrought-iron balconies and facades abound with an antique and quiet elegance that immediately lowers the stress and tension demeanor of anyone who enters this enchanted gem of a town!

The Carriage House BnB is located directly on the main street to Jefferson and is only a few blocks from the center of this "step back in time" village. The main house is a Victorian style gingerbread cottage which has a full wrap around porch. The living and dining rooms are daintily decorated with authentic period pieces that are a visual delight to the eye. There are several beautifully decorated and equally comfortable rooms in the main house, and, nestled around the back of the main house are several attached but individual cottages that are all historically decorated to the spirit of this town and are pristine in their upkeep and appearance.

Between the main house and the cottages is a lovely courtyard with a fire pit that is always ablaze and absolutely delightful and literally and figuratively warm for the mind and body. On a crisp Texan autumn afternoon, one could just sit for hours and absorb the warmth of the fire and just let the world slip away. A nice bottle of wine will enhance this experience triple-fold! Take it from one who knows!

Breakfast is a pure delight and my mere words cannot adequately express the culinary expertise of the charming and gracious hostess of the B n B -Stephanie. Tom, the host, provides any and everything one may need, and is just great to be around!

I have spent many a wonderful weekend at The Carriage House and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a real treat!

Room Tip: Just park on the side road next to the Carriage House. Auntie Skinner's Tavern is a real treat and you have to check out all the antique shops. Great and inexpensive finds!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2012

My husband and I were looking for a close, special getaway and found that at the Carriage House Bed and Breakfast. The house was beautifully decorated and our room was quite lovely. We really enjoyed the peace and quiet.

The breakfast was great! I just had to get the recipe for the Norwegian Breakfast Rice Pudding recipe.

We really enjoyed our stay to celebrate our anniversary and definately plan to do it again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2012

A friend and I wanted a Girls' Getaway and decided to stay in Jefferson. After researching for Bed and Breakfasts, we decided to stay at The Carriage House. We are very glad we did! All of the reviews we had read were right on target. Tom was a wonderful Host and made us feel quite at home and very comfortable. The little extras of having coffee, water, sodas and snacks available 24/7 was the icing on the cake for us. I look forward to returning and have already told my husband I'd like to stay at this BnB when we are looking for a weekend getaway for the two of us.

Thanks Tom and Stephanie for the hospitality and making sure our stay was perfect!

Room Tip: We were very pleased with the Ruth Lester room. Was a great choice for a girls' getaway and will choose it again regardless of the purpose of our stay.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends