“Impressed in many ways ”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Las Colinas
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Las Colinas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 638 Restaurants in Irving
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were staying across the street and decided to have dinner here. When we arrived we were brought to a table that had an entire glass of ice water spilled on the floor. I stepped in it and my shoes were soaked. Not a big deal, My feet were just a bit wet, but I thought it was strange that everything had been cleaned and resent and you clearly had to step over the water in the middle of the aisle to not get wet.

We were brought to a different table. Craig or Greg (not sure) was our first server. He was friendly but It took a very long time to be greeted. My husband and I have both had extensive experience in the service industry so we ignored it. The server read us the specials and then we ordered a bottle of wine. He brought bread and waters. 20 minutes later ( I actually sent a text so I know how long it was) we still didn’t have drinks and hadn’t seen our server since. I asked to talk to a manager and get a different server. We had plans that ended up having to be canceled because of the excessive wait time. Once the manager gave our table to Kaleigh it was a night/day difference in service. She was very friendly and prompt. We had salads that were very fresh and nicely presented on chilled plates. My husband had the baseball cut which is a thick filet cooked medium rare. I had prime rib. We both chose the classic option that comes with mushrooms and a side. The vegetables and the mushrooms were the best part for me. Very fresh and crisp. My prime rib was average, but My husband really enjoyed his steak. We also had creme brûlée. It was pretty great. Their port wine was also very nice.

Towards the end of the meal our first server (Craig/Greg I’m not exactly sure) came up and apologized. He explained to us that the management didn’t ask him to, but he wanted to take responsibility for being excessively behind. This speaks volumes. More about that young man than the establishment really, but I was incredibly impressed by his apology.

The food wasn’t over the top, and the service didn’t start out exceptional, but all around it was a place I would visit again. Impressed in many ways.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Great food, atmosphere, drinks and service. This place or Cool River are decent places to take business clients.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Needed takeout but up for something a little more upscale than fast, cheap eats...and I was certainly not dressed appropriately for a night at a steakhouse since I just finished my Pilates class. However, I saw online that they will do takeout, so the hostesses directed me to the bar to order and wait for my takeout. I gladly enjoyed a nice glass of red wine while I waited. I was immediately impressed with the very reasonable prices for the dishes on the menu as well as the glass of wine prices. My experiences usually is that the farther you get from Napa, the more expensive the glasses of Napa wine can be, but I was proven wrong at Keg Steakhouse. They were very timely with preparing my food to go as well as friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. I watched as each member of the waitstaff helped other guests and provided recommendations as well as their own preferences. Wonderful atmosphere...not too stuffy but certainly an upscale experience.

My burger was perfection! Seasoned, cooked perfectly and so tasty! I will definitely visit again when I am in town!

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Nice atmosphere. Friendly server with good wine recommendations. Each of us had a steak -- but different ones -- along with salads and sides. All were cooked perfectly. My husband and I had enough to bring home for another meal. Prices are not inexpensive, but the quality of meal and an atmosphere conducive to a long conversation is sometimes worth a splurge.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

I frequently come to Dallas for business and previously passed up on this restaurant since I’m not a big beer drinker and the name Keg turned me off. I decided to try it since it was near my hotel and had excellent reviews. I was so impressed. My waiter provided excellent service and recommendations (allowed me to order steak salad which wasn’t even on the menu). He also sincerely apologized when they were out of the wine I requested. And my steak was perfect along with the rest of the meal. Would easily return.

Been to The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Las Colinas? Share your experiences!