“The value is in the People”

DoubleTree DFW Airport North
Ranked #51 of 78 Hotels in Irving
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 June 2017

I got stuck in DFW due to a flight cancellation. I got a room at this property to spend the night. The shuttle service was very responsive and my wait was about 10 mins,, which is awesome when you and thousands of other travelers have their flights cancelled. I did the digital key thing on my phone and went straight to my room. Being an airport hotel you get a lot of guests and its hard to stay on top on the wear and tear. The hallways show that this property is always packed with guests. The room was good and nicely done in standard DTree decor. The people that work here are awesome. I took advantage of the free breakfast for HH members and the wait staff attended to me "hand & foot". The offer shuttle service to DFW every half hour which was on-time and the driver was awesome. I left my cellphone on the shuttle in a rush to get to my flight. I called the property and spoke to Nikki would took care of sending my cellphone to me via FedEx. I spoke to Kary 2 days after to follow up on the where about's of my cellphone and she made sure that it went out as promised. The staff at DTree DFW North rock!

Room Tip: Stay on the Hilton Honors floors. They are the higher floors
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
496ChristineB, Manager at DoubleTree DFW Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Dear ncolon60,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I am so sorry to hear that you were stranded due to cancelled flights but am glad we were able to have you as our guest. We really appreciate the time you have taken to make shout outs about Kary and Nikki. They do rock! Thank you again for completing the review, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

I can't believe how much better this stay was. Front desk staff was actually friendly and helpful. The room either has new carpet or is just really really clean. The fitness center is nicely equipped with weights, bike, treadmills, etc. The executive lounge was nicely stoked with beverages and the breakfast was quick and easy. I stayed here last year and was very disappointed so for anyone who tried it before and didn't approve, give it another chance. Such a comfortable stay, I will be back in a few weeks.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Dear K2service-

Thank you for the great review! We sincerely appreciate your feedback. Specifically your comments about our team! Your comments will be shared with our entire staff. We are so glad you chose to come back and stay with us and we hope you choose to stay with us the next time you travel to the Dallas!

Your DoubleTree DFW TEam

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Love the comfortable beds and pillows, and staff is amazing, including housekeeping!!!!!!!!! Easy check in and out. Enjoy the chocolate chip cookies. Great location by the airport, and I really appreciate the courtesy shuttle, the man was amazing showed us around the 5 mile radius of the hotel, went to a town called Grapevine, wine lovers, it is the best little town.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Dear 486romemaryc-

Thank you for the great review! We sincerely appreciate your feedback. Specifically your comments about our team, including our housekeeping staff! Your comments will be shared with our entire staff. We hope you choose to stay with us the next time you travel to the Dallas!

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Our room AC was fine, but the hallway was so hot my spouse felt sick every time he had to walk down the long hallway to our distant room. The restaurant menu had changed since last year, and was not as good. I resorted to a burger twice. The first time it was a bit undercooked, but good. The second time the meat was terribly overlooked.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear brendahardesty,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I am so sorry to hear about the issues you had with the food. Your comments will be anonymously shared with our staff and we will use your feedback to improve our guests’ experience. Thank you again for completing the review, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2017

The front desk staff was very helpful and accommodating. The check in and check out was very quick. Room was above average. Internet was average. Wish they had a hot tub or steam room. The cookies are amazing, was able to get three total. I should have purchased some for the trip home. Food was good but not outstanding. Wish we would have had alternatives during one of the meals. Not a fan of Mexican.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Dear E8952VOjeffr,

Thanks for the 4-star review, we definitely appreciate it! We especially appreciate the comments you made about our team. We will share all of your comments with our staff. You definitely should take some cookies home with you next time you come! We hope you choose to stay with us the next time you travel to the area.

Your DoubleTree DFW Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
0.7 km away
Hyatt Place DFW
#1 of 8 in Euless
0.9 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport

Been to DoubleTree DFW Airport North? Share your experiences!