“Beautiful hotel with great service in a nice, quiet location.”

Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas
Ranked #4 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed 12 February 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a Valentine's weekend here, and it was fantastic. We've stayed at a lot of hotels in the Dallas area for weekend getaways, and this one is definitely in the Top 3.

Upon arrival, we were greeted with glasses of champagne. Check in was a breeze (if you go to an Omni, sign up for their FREE select guest program to get perks like expedited check-in).

We were given a corner suite on a high floor, which was super-roomy and spotless. It had a couch and two flat screens, as well as a beautiful 180 degree view of the canal out back and downtown Dallas in the distance.

The bed was very comfy, and the shower had amazing water pressure. There were also terry cloth robes in the room for us to enjoy.

During the evening, we enjoyed the live piano music in the gorgeous ad spacious lobby downstairs. Very nice. We also got complimentary turn down service for being select guests (FREE remember?!). A very nice touch for such a large hotel.

The next day we had the breakfast buffet at Trevi's, which was included in our package. I recommend it for sure. Book a package that includes the breakfast. It was stellar.

We also enjoyed the great whirlpool outside, and we used the fitness center which is very well appointed with locker rooms, ample fitness equipment, and saunas.

The hotel service was spot-on. Anytime I needed something, someone was there to get it done. Excellent.

The package I booked got us 5pm late checkout, so we soaked up all this place had to offer, and it delivered. We will absolutely be back!

• Stayed: February 2012
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your Valentine's weekend with us at the Omni Mandalay Hotel. We love to hear that everything went so well during your time with us, as well as signing up for our Select Guest program and enjoying all of the benefits during your time with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas

Reviewed 21 January 2012

Our stay at the Mandalay was perfect. The staff were professional and friendly. The room was large, elegant and very quiet and clean. We look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher level have a magical view!!!!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2012

We stayed here for two nights recently when we were in town for business. The hotel was close to where we needed to be and it's a very nice area of Dallas. There were several very good restaurants in walking distance.

It should be noted that many of the major highways throughout Dallas are under construction so getting around during the day by car is a challenge. However getting to and from DFW was not a problem.

Service is excellent!

Our room was a bit larger than most king standard rooms we've stayed at. It was very nicely appointed and clean. It had a good view of the lake and the downtown Dallas skyline.

All the common areas are beautiful. The fitness center was also well laid out and good size. I wish there had been an indoor whirlpool and that the weather would have been warmer as the outdoor pool next to the lake looked wonderful.

The free self parking was nice and very easy.

The only complaint I had was that on the second night there was a group of people on the floor that stayed up late drinking and clearly enjoying themselves. I can't blame the hotel for noisy neighbors.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank amfpvks
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I have now stayed at this hotel 3 times, over 8 years and it's excellent. I really enjoy the suites, that's where I usually stay and they are quite good. Also nice gym with treadmills.

I have had dinner and breakfast at the hotel restaurant every time and it's great.

usually i get a package that includes everything for a pretty good deal, I would recommend getting one.

valet is 16 bucks which kinda sucks because I never ended up leaving the property but it looked like there wasn't any parking so I did valet. This was new years eve, when I have stayed in the past I was able to free park in the garage.

Beautiful view looking over the water.

Room Tip: get a suite
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2012

This hotel is wonderful! Very nice rooms, the staff is very friendly and helpful. Great food too!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Downtown Dallas
#5 of 113 in Fort Worth
The Highland Dallas
#11 of 205 in Dallas

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Irving

Been to Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas? Share your experiences!