Escarabajo Rojo(Macario Gomez)(Great Value!)
USD 70
USD 63
USD 28
USD 27
Hotels.com
Hotel Hacienda Scarlette(Tulum)(Great Value!)
USD 71
USD 54
Posada Yum Kin(Tulum)(Great Value!)
USD 64
USD 57
Hotels.com
USD 35
Villas H2O(Tulum)(Great Value!)
USD 101
USD 63
Hotel Sun Caribbean Divine(Tulum)(Great Value!)
USD 41
Casa Xaaninna(Macario Gomez)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjungle retreatshrimpcasa selvaerikajuanhostscenotecobaachiotemargaritasbugshammocksprivacypesospropertymexico
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

The owner is such a liar!

I booked two nights through booking.com. We arrived at dusk, when we wanted to sleep,My son found a scorpion at his bed, and I found one under my bed, and a very big spider too. I barely slept at that night worrying more scorpions show up in my bed. In the morning when I had breakfast beside the pool, there are posters everywhere saying something like mosquito grasshopper bees spiders scorpions etc are the owner of this area, just enjoy them! When I mentioned it to the owner, she said if you don’t like it you can leave . She knows exactly what is going on in this place. I was so relieved that I don’t have to sleep with those insects again!

When I mentioned the scorpions in the review of booking.com, she replied it was my imaginary problems to save $30! Yes my two children are 6 feet, but only the fools want to pass them as babies to avoid the extra ! When I stayed at hotel Chichen Itza, they not only did’t charge me for extra but offer free breakfast too. You want to earn more, I am fine with that. But not everyone thinks and acts like you!

Those pictures that I took will tell you who is a liar!

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

We just went for a weekend and we enjoyed our stay, it’s located in the middle of the jungle so it’s perfect if you want to forget about the world.

It’s located 20 min away from Tulum so my advice is to rent a car, the taxis will charge you what ever they want cause there’s no other way of transportation.
700 pesos each way .... way overpriced!!

The room was very clean, it has a mini fridge so you can have some cold beers or water and a very comfy terrace where you can enjoy the nature.
January was a little bit cold so maybe a sweater is a good idea.

I wouldn’t recommend to book through booking.com cause is not very fair with the reservation process.

Erika and Chito are the best host !
They will do anything they can to make you feel like home.

If you want to go out for dinner, there is Mango’s restaurant that is very close by with homemade food.

I don’t give them an excellent because I feel a bathroom door is necessary, I like my privacy and this toilet is the opposite of being private.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 January 2018

Casa Sylvia Orquideas is such a find. If you are looking for a great place to stay that is away from the crowds but still convenient to many fantastic cenotes, ruins and beaches this is a fantastic option. Comfortable little bungalows arranged in a lovely jungle with a nice communal area with a poo

I believe you will need to be traveling by car, which I very much recommend regardless. Cobá, Tulum, and many centers all between 10 - 30 min away.

A nice breakfast is included which is very tasty and hardy enough to fuel you through the day.

The proprietors are such lovely people and great with information about the area, including finds that are not in the guide books.

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank Min108
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

What can i say... i do write July 2017 but actually we have been here many times. Reason?, simply because Erika and Chito knows how to threat visitors in all their aspect, if you like outdoor activities like snorkeling, diving, fishing ask Chito he will guide you everything, when you like to explore the cenotes ask Erika, she made a very detailed map on a piece of carton with all best cenotes in the vincinity.
Then the breakfast and dinner just in one word, excellent. A 5 star restaurant can't beat their services and quality all super fresh and also thanks to Juan who is a great help for them in the kitchen.
We have been in several of their cabañas and all of them are having a different arrangement and all are super.
Erika and Chito are running their business with passion.
Like the title says it's in the middle of the bush in Macario Gomez, just 15 minutes from downtown Tulum direction Coba.
When you come from Tulum, enter the village Macario Gomez, continue driving untill you see a small police station on your left hand, turn left into this street (bush road) and just continue untill you see a sign Casa Selva.
If you like the ecological living book this and you really won't be dissapointed.
They have various animals walking around like chickens,cats and 2 dogs who are really the best dogs you can met, our kids are always playing with them.
For us a 5 star and hats off, respect for this couple.
Just one thing, because you are staying in the bush you can expect some nice creatures in your cabaña, don't let this be a dissapointment afterwards.
We have seen several "bichos" in our cabaña but with a friendly hand they will be gently moved out.
Erika speaks English, fluently Spanish and some more languages, while Chito can help you in Spanish and Mayan ;-)
They made a small paradise out of their property.
Once you've been here you will miss the tranquillity of this place.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Great and very personal service was what we received at this place, and probably the best meal of our 15 days exploring Mexico. We stayed for 2 nights with the intention to mix up beachlife with something else, and this hit the spot. It is located about 20 min driving from Tulum inland, which means you also save some time if you are going to eg. Chichen Itza. The hosts are brilliant and the food is as well. The vibe is like an italian agriturimso but in Mexico. Great experince in overall.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple