“Horrible customer service”

Panera Bread
Ranked #18 of 145 Restaurants in Hurst
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 11 April 2018

I was there 3 days ago to get items from the bakery for my kids and myself and a cafe mocha for myself. The variety was great and there was abundance but the cashier must have been new or just dim witted. I ordered a cafe mocha and clearly requested almond or soy milk instead of dairy. He said ok and continued to type in our order. But then he asked me, "Do they normally serve it with dairy?" And I said, "Yes, but I don't want dairy. I want almond or soy milk and they have done it before." And he replied, "Ok. Ok." And made a hand gesture as if trying to placate me. I was not being rude nor was I loud. Then he asks me the same exact question AGAIN. So I responded with the same answer and at that point, I WAS annoyed. Why was he even asking me if he obviously wasn't going to listen to my answer? Why didn't he just go give my request to the person who was actually going to make the coffee? And ask him/her? Then instead of giving us three plates (like a normal person would) because we were a group of three individual people, he gives us one long rectangular plate and puts my kids' 2 drinks, a muffin, a brownie, silverware and a pastry all on it as if it were a tray. So I asked him for another plate and he gave me another rectangular one. I try very hard to control my temper in front of my kids when I'm dealing with other adults but COME ON! Then it takes them 10 min to make the coffee. I had already finished my muffin and wanted to leave. So although I told them I would drink the mocha there, when I ordered it, I had them put it in a to-go cup so I could get out of there. I am never going back. Also, I think they put dairy AND almond milk in my coffee cause I tasted just milk and chocolate not coffee. This is not the first time customer service has been horrible for us there. Last time, it was a nightmare waiting for our food at the drive thru. And then we had to go inside TWICE to tell them they had missed something from our order. Now I know why they don't offer a link address on their receipts for customers to do surveys nor do they let you do one on their website.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I go to Panera several times a month to get lunch for our staff. The menu offers something for everyone. Their bakery goods are also fresh and plentiful The bread (which is made on site) provides a great selection.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

At this location the food is still good, it is the prices, they are really expensive. We could have gone to a nice restaurant.The food portions are smaller. Other than that it good.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

You can't go wrong at Panera. I love the food, and I especially appreciate that they've gone to cleaner food sources. That's very, very nice. There's no "surprise" of something unwanted. I can splurge if I want, but it's an educated indulgence. I can I feel safe eating there.

Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

We can never get enough of Panera!!
For every different taste, breads, soups, breakfast, salads, sandwiches etc. All fresh and healthy

Been to Panera Bread? Share your experiences!