All reviews parking spot shuttle service night stay comfortable beds flight airport fly
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

My husband travels very frequent for business & occasionally I go along. We also travel frequently for pleasure. This Holiday Inn Express is the WORST we have stayed at. Very run down, horrible beds, air conditioner was awful, never cooked the room down. The whole room had a wet damp feel to it. Sheetrock damage visible in many places. Will not stay here again...

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Margarita G, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites IAH Bush Airport – East, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2016

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel and please accept our sincerest apologies for the disturbance you have experienced during your stay due to the room conditions. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We are in the process of starting remodiling in the middle of this month. We value your comments and welcome the opportunity to serve you again

Reviewed 10 August 2016

Great suite with mini kitchen. Beds comfortable, pillows fresh. Breakfast is included free and we were surprised to see pancakes and sausage available. Hotel is Not that new but seemed clean enough overall.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple

We appreciate your comments, and we hope we may host you once again on your next visit to Houston.

Regards

Reviewed 8 July 2016

We were not supposed to be staying overnight in Houston...but the Airline had not given us enough time between flights ( Houston airport is enormous )..hence we missed our connecting flight..
We were put up in the Holiday Inn Express by the Airport..
The front desk staff could not have been any more accommodating..they were wonderful..I was in need of a w/c....they had one there for me..
Room clean & bed so very comfortable..Do not remember the room number..we were too tired & hungry..
Do not even remember the name of the restaurant in the Hotel...
But the staff there as well incredible..food very good..a extensive menu to choose from..
Even thought this was an unplanned stay..it was very much appreciated..

Room Tip: Away from elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Margarita G, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites IAH Bush Airport – East, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2016

We really appreciate your time, to post a great comment for our staff, we are committed to give the best service to all our customers, and for all of us, knowing we accomplish it , gives us a satisfaction feeling we are giving you ,what you are looking for.

Thank you on behalf of all our staff members

Reviewed 16 June 2016

First off took forever to check in, I appreciate its busy but the guy on reception was too busy complaining about his sugar levels.

Secondly, he didn't give me my extra points or water for being a platinum IHG member.

Thirdly, the rooms haven't changed in over 3 years, they're looking very dated, the room I was in had a bit of an odd odour, not unpleasant just odd.

Fourthly, the air conditioning in my room was the old thermostat type and didn't work very well.

This used to be my first choice when in the area, i will rethink that now.

Room Tip: Best to keep away from the road side of the hotel as it can be noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Margarita G, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites IAH Bush Airport – East, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2016

I'm very sorry to hear you had this bad experience on your stay, we have been doing some renovations on some areas, the rooms will start to remodel in the month of September, I will definitely talk to the front desk agent that checked you in, to avoid any further situations, like this. We truly appreciate all your comments, please let me know if there is anything else we may do for you.

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

I had an unexpected overnight at IAH due to a delayed flight and was booked at the Holiday Inn Express near IAH. The shuttle arrived quickly to get to the hotel and check in was easy. The room was kind of dirty and the sheets were scratchy and uncomfortable to sleep in. I had a 530a flight leaving IAH the next morning and inquired about a hotel shuttle and was informed that it does not start running until 5am. I was okay with this so I asked the person at the front desk to book me a cab for 4am. I received a call to my room at 330am informing me the cab was there and wouldn't wait for me and they were unable to boom another cab. When I got in the cab, and already driving to the airport, I noticed the driver was not using the meter and asked him "why?". He informed me that it is a $20 flat fee, as they don't meter so early in the morning and the hotel should have told me, which they did not and it was only 5 min drive which should not have been more than $10. After I got out of the cab I took the license plate number and called the city of Houston and the city of Humble (where the hotel is) and was told that car was not a registered taxi in those cities. This is why I am giving this hotel a 1 star review, it would have been 3 if not for this taxi incident. I expect a hotel to book a taxi company that is registered and uses a meter. When a hotel books me an unlicensed taxi that takes advantage of me by overcharging me and not metering (which is a violation of the law) I will never stay at this hotel again and don't think anyone else should either. I am not normally one to give a 1 star review but because of the shady taxi company they booked me I will never stay here again.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Brad B
Margarita G, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites IAH Bush Airport – East, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2016

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We have several taxi phones who work for the airport shuttles, and even that they are close they have a fare they charge, that we have nothing to do with it, we will follow up with the taxi company to see about this issue and definitely fix this matter with them.We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service.

Margarita Garcia