“Not Flexible. Do Not Recommend This Place.”

Winchester Inn & Suites Humble/IAH/North Houston
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Humble
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

What can I say about my recent stay here.. "Terrible". The staff is not flexible nor helpful. I stayed here with my 2 kids while in the process of waiting for house to be ready so we could move in. I had an emergency situation arise with my kids and had to go to urgent care clinic early am. We did not get back to the hotel until 12. When I explained what happened and that I would be checking out I was told by the lady at desk "that I should have better planned my stay" and to get my stuff from the room was going to cost me 45.00 since I did not check out by 11am. They also refused to honor one of the nights that I was charged for online even though Matt at front desk told me I would be credited that night back..

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
WinchesterIAH_GM, General Manager at Winchester Inn & Suites Humble/IAH/North Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

This was a very difficult experience for our staff. You booked a room at our hotel and didn't arrive until 4 days later. We held your room each of those nights, trying to be flexible with you as you called in each day changing your arrival date. This costs us as we are holding a room for you every night, when someone else that actually needs a room could have booked it. Also we never would charge a guest $45.00 for a late check out fee. We provide and honor free late-check out up to 12:30pm. Anything later depends on availability. My housekeepers and front desk confirm that this room was also in very poor condition upon check-out, there was small garbage all over the floor, and very messy to the point we had to air out this room for 2 days. This was a mutually poor experience for both of us. We hope that things like this can be resolved better in the future. Thank you for choosing us.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

Excellent hotel. It was two night stay. Location is convenient to get to airport. Room was clean, with a coffee machine,fridge, microwave. Free parking and free wifi. Staff is so friendly.I would recommend to all.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2017

I was able to stay again for two nights last week at the Winchester Inn & Suites. I am always amazed that this small, independent hotel maintains such high quality and excellent pricing!! This hotel, rooms and outdoor space, is so well maintained. The staff is excellent and sincerely attempts to satisfy the customer. Besides being a great place to rest (with some of the best beds I've ever slept on), this super clean hotel is conveniently located near the Bush airport. The breakfast, as advertised, is grab and go consisting of coffee, milk, juice, cereal, bananas or apples, and a few pastry items.
I highly recommend this hotel, whether one is passing through for one night or a several nights stay!!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights at the end of a 2 week trip around the southern states. The place was great from the beginning. Once we'd checked in one of the ladies gave us a list of places to eat out, take outs and attractions which were all really useful. The beds were so comfy! There was a coffee machine, microwave & fridge in the room. Free parking and free wifi! There's also a grab n go breakfast that we didn't try but it's there if you want it!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Hannah S
Reviewed 13 April 2017

I really liked the sitting area vs just a "motel" room and wish we were staying longer than just the 1 night.Breakfast was just so-so but they do advertise it as a grab and go, so it was adequate to start the day. Location is convenient to get to Houston and close to the airport. Room was clean, with fridge and microwave and wi-fi. Great value for the price.

Room Tip: We were right next to the Ice machine, but did not hear anything, even thought this is where smokers...