“BETTER THAN MOST”

Winchester Inn & Suites Humble/IAH/North Houston
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Humble
Reviewed 13 April 2017

I really liked the sitting area vs just a "motel" room and wish we were staying longer than just the 1 night.Breakfast was just so-so but they do advertise it as a grab and go, so it was adequate to start the day. Location is convenient to get to Houston and close to the airport. Room was clean, with fridge and microwave and wi-fi. Great value for the price.

Room Tip: We were right next to the Ice machine, but did not hear anything, even thought this is where smokers...
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 December 2016

After flying all night and noticing an empty parking lot, owners wanted to charge extra for an early check in.

Clearly there were available rooms as the hotel was empty.

Very annoying having to talk through the 'bullet-proof' glass enclosure, very hard to hear anything, poor customer service.

The rooms were average and what you would expect from this price point.

I would not recommend to save the $20 off of other hotels.

Room Tip: My tip to get a better room and experience....go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
WinchesterIAH_GM, General Manager at Winchester Inn & Suites Humble/IAH/North Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2016

We would like to apologize about the inconvenience. Our staff is trained to abide by the hotel's policies and guidelines. Our check-in time is 2pm, which is even earlier than some hotels, and our rates are already very affordable that we have to charge an early check-in fee before 12pm (noon) so we can cover costs of rising utlities (water/electricity), payroll, maintenance, renovations, and all other operational expenses.

At this hotel, we always provide complimentary early check-in and late check-out up to 2 hours before or after our standard times (as long as our supply and demand permits us to provide this complimentary service).

We appreciate your time and your decision to stay at our hotel. Please let us make it up to you and I can assure that we will be able to provide you with exceptional service.

Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

It is very convenient, close to the airport. It is nice, clean and comfortable. If you want to catch a very earlier flight, this hotel is a very good choice. It is easy to check in and check out at any time.

Stayed: November 2016
Reviewed 6 October 2016

My experience was good for the price, the beds are comfortable and clean including spacious rooms. What we needed for our family however if you are BLACK you may get stereotyped. I got stares me and my family. The staff is not friendly..., well at least not to a" black person." I'm reading the reviews how some got friendly service and politeness. One young girl here was polite and the Owner. Other than that, I got the vibe since I'm black I'm not worthy of getting excellent service. My worst experience at any hotel stay as in the customer service. I worked all my life in customer service including management and I know how a customer should be treated regardless of the race. I'm a human being with a different color, what's the big deal.? You guys need to not look at all blacks as if they are thieves, robbers, etc or you will lose black business I can assure you! Again, the stay was fine outside of feeling like me and my family were criminals at the beginning of our stay. That was a huge turn off and I don't believe I will stay here again. I look at how I'm treated. I never even got any greet. Just a weird look at me.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
WinchesterIAH_GM, General Manager at Winchester Inn & Suites Humble/IAH/North Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2016

First, I would like to thank you for taking out the time to share your feedback, as it helps us to learn more ways on making improvements. My sincere apologies for the poor experience you recently had with us. That sounds absurd and does not represent our hotel by any means. There might have been a confusion of some sort, as some of our staff are from other countries and have slightly different facial expressions, tones, and ways of communicating. I would like to note that a large number of our guests that have previously left reviews on TripAdvisor are very diverse, including Black/African American/African. We do not tolerate discrimination on our property, nor do we practice it at this hotel. As most of our guests will see, our environment is very diverse as well. Your feedback has been shared with our team and they understand two things: 1)- that this kind of service is not acceptable, and 2)- that this will better help our team to do better in the future, to make sure this kind of issue does not happen again. We are truly very sorry that you had felt this way and would like to make it up to you somehow. Please feel free to contact us, as we would love to earn your business back.

Reviewed 30 September 2016

Spent two nights. Convenient, best price in town. The room was nice enough, clean and the bed was comfortable. The only problem was we were on the ground floor and it sounded like some one was stomping around with boots on, but I know it was not. I don't even think any body was occupying the room and it subsided at night thank goodness. The grab and go breakfast wasn't much, just a couple of bananas and cereal and coffee and they did have coffee in the room. The ice machine was conveniently placed on a little patio right close to the room. Check in was fast, they had my reservation. Did have a small refrigerator and microwave which we did use.

Room Tip: We were in rm 108 was very convenient but check for the noise.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
WinchesterIAH_GM, General Manager at Winchester Inn & Suites Humble/IAH/North Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2016

From all of us at the Winchester Inn & Suites, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and for complimenting the comfort, cleanliness, affordability, and convenience of our property.

We do our best to retain total guest satisfaction and to meet the basic needs of all of our guests. It is a pleasure to hear that our amenities were useful and that our rooms were clean, comfortable and affordable, as this is part of our goal.

Again, thank you for staying with us! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again, next time you are in Houston, TX!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Humble
4.2 km away
4.1 km away
Best Western Plus Intercontinental Airport Inn
14.4 km away
Best Western Plus Houston Atascocita Inn & Suites

Been to Winchester Inn & Suites Humble/IAH/North Houston? Share your experiences!