Americas Best Value Inn-Texas Medical Center/Reliant Park
Ranked #407 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 14 January 2015

If you want a descent place to stay that is close to the rodeo this is not the one to stay in. We stayed there last year for the rodeo and it is a real dump, the doors don't lock and the room over all is horrible. They need to do major upgrades on this place. I have stayed in some bad hotels but this one was the worst I had ever been in.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a suite because the regular rooms are bad I don't know about the suites though.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank chevelle97

Reviewed 13 November 2014 via mobile

Near the Texas Medical Center, I am in from Atlanta, Georgia for treatment at MDAnderson. Their rates have helped with the affordability needed to be in Houston. The staff is exceptionally helpful. I have stayed at other hotels in the area and paid much much more. Yes it is an older property but it is maintained.

• Stayed: November 2014
1  Thank TeacherAtlanta_GA
Reviewed 6 September 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel with my family and let me say this is the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in. We would have switched hotels, but there was a college football game in town so all of the hotels were booked for Saturday night--except this one, of course. We walked into the room and the stench was unbearable! I sent my husband to the store to purchase cleaning supplies, room deodorizer and candles. I cleaned the room and made the smell tolerable. The bathroom door would not shut, the room needed new carpet and a paint job. We were so nervous about the cleanliness of this place that I never removed my flip flops and we didn't even sleep under the covers! We had to stay Friday and Saturday night--we stayed Friday night and left the hotel around 10am on Saturday and returned around midnight. when we opened the door to our room, the housekeeping service (if you can call it that) never cleaned our room!! No new towels, bed was not made--NOTHING! We called the front desk and they were not polite, but they did give us another room a couple of doors down. We walked into that room and, as I am sure you have already guessed, the stench was horrible!! I gathered my cleaning supplies and went to work as my family transferred our belongings from the old room. Please, please, please do not stay here!!! We should have slept in the car...

Room Tip: As far as i could tell, there are no good rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Melissa T
Reviewed 3 September 2014

Another hotel was overbooked and put us in this place.
Smokey, old, just felt awful. Couldn't plug the alarm clock in. Toilet seat not fastened. I killed a couple bugs in the bathroom. Bed was bad. Towels were small and not many threads. Windows or wall let all noise from the outside into the room.
Our son said this was the worst hotel he had stayed in.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wineanddine32
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed here while visiting M D Anderson for my final tests. I have stayed here numerous times before. It is an older hotel, not fancy, but basic. The room was clean and quiet. The TV was old, but worked fine. The shuttle to the hospital was awesome. The people who work there are very nice and helpful. There is also a Denny's within walking distance if you are carless. There is also a McDonald's across the street and a Starbuck's next door. The breakfast is not fantastic, but it is included. I have stayed in worse, I have stayed in better. Not anything fancy, but serviceable. Make sure to ask for the medical rate if you are going to one of the nearby hospitals.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim S
Travellers also viewed these Houston hotels
Medical Center
Wyndham Houston - Medical Center Hotel and Suites
Downtown
Club Quarters Hotel in Houston

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Texas Medical Center/Reliant Park? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Americas Best Value Inn-Texas Medical Center/Reliant Park

Address: 9604 Main St, Houston, TX 77025-4545 (Formerly Howard Johnson Express Inn)
Region: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #407 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Price Range: $74 - $187 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Americas Best Value Inn-Texas Medical Center/Reliant Park 2*
This Americas Best Value Inn is located in south of downtown Houston,near by Texas Medical Center, museum district and block from Reliant Park. approximately 10 miles from William P Hobby Airport, 35 miles from Bush Intercontinental Airport.There is an large outdoor pool on site. Hotel provides complimentary shuttle service to the hospitals at Texas Medical Center and near by restaurants, supermarkets. Every morning, a complimentary delux continental breakfast is served. This Americas Best Value Inn also offers guest laundry facility, free local calls, and complimentary parking. All rooms have safe, cable TV, clock radios, coffeemakers, microwaves, refrigerators, hairdryers, irons, and wireless internet connection.Friendly staffs are always here to help our guests. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn-Texas Medical Center/Reliant Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Americas Best Value Inn-Texas Medical Center/Reliant Park Hotel Houston