1,739 results
All reviews front desk medical center close to downtown breakfast buffet is home away from home self parking museum district free shuttle zara kirby freeway valet appointment
Reviewed 11 October 2015

Hotel in good area very clean and with all amenities tea/coffee and toiletries as well as having a fridge and microwave in the room. Some rooms overlook the freeway but the noise is minimal. Breakfast was buffet style and ample can have eggs etc and waffles cooked to order. Shuttle bus takes one to the Galleria for shopping. Overall a good standard and quality at this hotel

Room Tip: Make sure you carry ID on one as they will ask for it if you get locked out of your room
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Velazco713, Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2015

Good afternoon 24Bentley24!

We are delighted that we were able to provide you with an enjoyable stay. We are privileged to be situated in the heart of all major attractions as well as to have a courtesy chauffeured vehicle to transport our patrons to our surrounding areas of interest. We thank you for your kind comments on our amenities as well as our staff whom strive in providing the best customer service possible.
We look forward in welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future as well as in providing you with another enjoyable and pleasurable stay.

Crowne Plaza River Oaks

Reviewed 8 October 2015

Crowne Plaza's are my favorite hotels. I love the overall capacity of this particular one. Yes, it might be a little outdated but they make up for it with their service and what is offered. They're minutes from the Galleria with surrounding restaurants and places to shop. The view at night is beautiful. I was in the perfect place to see my car from the roof of the parking garage. My family and I really enjoyed our stay here.

Room Tip: Last room on the 14th floor by the stairs was very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Velazco713, Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2015

Good evening AshleeGipson!

It is a pleasure to hear that we were able to provide you with an enjoyable stay. We are privileged to be situated in the heart of all major attractions and to have a courtesy vehicle for our patrons whom wish to venture and explore the nearby areas. Our dedicated staff strives in ensuring the best customer service possible and our managers are always available to ensure a pleasant memorable stay. We look forward in greeting you back as our guest in the near future so that we may provide many more memorable experiences for you!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 October 2015 via mobile

A little dated and felt a bit unclean - the carpet and walls were marked and the rooms and corridors were dark and felt dingy. Breakfast was very average and kept running out of items which the staff were not prepared to stock up. The shuttle bus was a joke - the furthest it would take us was the medical centre, a vast hospital complex the other end of the city. The car parking was convenient though and not overly priced. The business centre, with free internet and coffee, was good. The staff were also very helpful.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Good evening digitaljess!

We apologize for the inconvenience regarding the outlook of your room. We assure you that this is not what we are known for and we thank you for your comments as this allows us to better improve for our guests. I kindly ask that if any imperfections are experienced, to kindly seek for the assistance of the manager of duty as they strive in assuring the overall comfort of our guests and are well trained in accommodating any needs in a timely manor. Due to the large selection of establishments around our property, we limit our courtesy vehicle to a three mile radius. If a further location is desired, our front drive staff will be delighted in designating a taxi for your travel needs. We look forward in welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future as well as in allowing us to change your perception of the overall look of our rooms.

Reviewed 6 October 2015

Recently stayed here for business. The hotel was located outside of the dontown area and therefore a little bit more resonably priced. It was only a bout a 10 minute drive to George R. Brown. The room was well apointed, clean and the bed was comfortable. The hotel restaurnat was very good from steaks to burgers and fries. The location is a little bit hard to get to off the exit and I had to circle the block to get into the parking lot. (Might have been operator error). I would certainly stay here again

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Velazco713, Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2015

Good afternoon planopearl!

We are delighted to be informed that we were able to provide you with an enjoyable and memorable stay. We strive in providing the best service possible to our patrons and are privileged to be located in the heart of all major attractions and locations. We thank you for your kind words and look forward in welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Crowne Plaza River Oaks

Reviewed 2 October 2015

I stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip and my experience was perfectly fine. The staff was nice and helpful, the room was clean. The bathroom was a little dated, but I don't need anything fancy. Even though it was near the freeway, I didn't hear any road noise in my room. Wifi worked well for me and I could stream netflix on my tablet with no problems. I wandered around the hotel and the business center looked nice, with standard computers, the meeting rooms looked large and kept up. I'll stay here again when I am back down that way on business.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Velazco713, Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2015

Good afternoon michael s!

It is a pleasure to hear that we were able to accommodate your needs as well as in providing you with an enjoyable stay! We have a great team of dedicated staff whom strive in providing the best customer service to our patrons as well as ensuring the overall up-keeping of our establishment. We thank you for your kind comments and look forward in welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.