In terms of location, this hotel can't be beat. My room was facing Reliant Park, and the medical center was just a few minutes away (along with related facilities). If you are visiting one of the medical facilities, they will usually call the Holiday Inn and make arrangements to give you a discounted rate (which can be substantial!). The surrounding area felt extremely safe and I saw many people going for walks right outside. The hotel shuttle will take you anywhere you need to go within 3 miles. Staff were extremely friendly and eager to help customers...when I was in the lobby I heard the concierge take several calls from people who needed various things or had requests, and they sent someone up to help immediately. I should note that, while there is a small business center in the lobby, there is only one computer (and it was being monopolized by another person while I was there). My room was very spacious and clean, and the bed was huge. The one negative thing that I do feel the need to mention is that, although the bathroom and the hallway vanity area were spotless, there was a very strong smell of mold that kind of smacked me in the face when I was in the vicinity. I almost feel badly writing about that because of how lovely the staff is at this hotel, but I think anything health/sanitation-related bears mention. Aside from that, which may not be an issue in every room, I highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Houston - NRG/Medical Center Area is one of Houston's favorite hotels. The hotel is conveniently located off Loop 610 and Kirby Dr, just off the Upper Kirby District, with exclusive back gate access to NRG Park and NRG Stadium making us the most convenient Houston hotel near NRG Park. In addition, our Holiday Inn Houston hotel is minutes from the Museum District, Texas Medical Center, Galleria, Rice University, Rice Village and downtown. Catch the 'Metro Light Rail' located less than a mile from the Holiday Inn Houston NRG Med Center hotel for easy access to downtown as well as entertainment areas. Our hotel features the fun and friendly SIDELINES Lounge, TRELLIS Restaurant with excellent food, free high-speed wireless Internet access, a fitness center, large courtyard pool and a hot tub, business center and over 2320 square feet of meeting space. The Holiday Inn - NRG/Medical Center Area is the perfect choice for so many reasons. Come find out why we are the perfect Holiday Inn Houston hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hooroo Pty Ltd, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Houston - NRG/Medical Center Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Houston Reliant Park Area Hotel Houston
- Holiday Inn Houston - NRG/Medical Center Area Texas