“Peanuts everywhere!”

Ranked #284 of 8,439 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

We are from out of town and were in Houston for a short overnight layover. We asked our driver to drop us off at a great place to eat and he took us here. I have a severe nut allergy and was a bit mortified when we walked in. There were peanut shells everywhere! Part of the southern ambience for sure, but a bit unnerving for me. My allergy is affected only when I eat nuts, so I have no issue being around them. We considered going somewhere else, but we were not familiar with the area and had been dropped off. I mentioned my allergy to the staff there and they said they would take all necessary precautions. Our table was wiped down and we had no issues, thankfully! They actually said they are used to serving guests with nut allergies.

On to the meal! We ordered up an app of potato skins and a 10 oz rib eye and ribs to share. For sides, we had fries and a sweet potato with marshmallows. Food was very good, especially the sweet potato. The skins were covered in processed cheese; a more conservative amount of real cheese would have been better. The rib eye was cooked as ordered and was good, but not fantastic. Ribs were good but a bit dry for our liking. Grand total including a soda was $33 so can't really beat that.

All in all, we had a decent meal and were pleased. Definitely not the best steak and ribs we've ever had, but no serious complaints. Top marks to the staff for taking care of my issue with allergies! We also noticed that all the staff here were pleasant and happy, so that was nice to see!

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Yesterday I have been back at Texas Roadhouse after several years, unaltered the pleasure of a tasty steak while 'entertaining' the waiting time with peanuts. Unique combination!

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

My cousin's took me here for some Texas BBQ. They reserved on the app. So we were seated pretty quickly for a Friday night. The staff were friendly and helpful. And the BBQ was great.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

YummmmmmmmmmmI Was there last week in a party of 2 and returning tonight with a party of 6. Delicious well cooked steaks and the mashed potatoes are heavenly. Will be taking my extended family to continue or holiday celebrations. They usually have specials on Mondays and Wednesdays so if you have a big party you can save a tidy bunch on those nights. The portions are big and the service is always courteous.

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

Had dinner here the Friday after Thanksgiving. It was pretty empty had a great dinner, love the bread and of course the food was fantastic!