“Perfect B & B: lovely, tasteful house, great, freshly-cooked breakfasts”

Sara's Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 55 Houston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 August 2017

I only spent one night at Sara's: I hope I get the chance to return. It's just what I like; a quiet location but within easy reach of town & restaurants. The rooms are individual, with en suite excellent showers & WC. Good attention to detail, reading lights at each bed, very comfy beds, good toiletries, excellent free wi-fi. The very warm welcome from the receptionist makes you feel right at home. One bedroom is on the ground floor, the rest above stairs. The house has been lovingly & expertly restored & the furniture is of a high standard. Strongly recommended.

Room Tip: Any one is lovely.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Saras_Inn, Manager at Sara's Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure hosting you and your colleagues' stay in Houston! It's not everyday we are graced with an English film legend!! Thank you for your kind words and recommendation! We strive to make each and every guest feel welcome and at home with us. We hope you, Nicola and Ian will visit us again if y'all are ever back in Houston!

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Sara's Bed & Breakfast Inn in the Heights was perfect for us. We booked on line, were able to access the facility and our room on our own with the code provided. Couldn't have been easier. The location was on the main drag, but the room was quiet enough, even though it was in the front on the first floor. We only stayed one night, but breakfast was very generous, and the attendant was a very charming lady who made it quite clear that there was no way we could eat enough to make her happy! The spread was plentiful, and yet she still offered to cook us up anything that we wanted hot. We picked it for the location since we had tickets to the Obsidian showing of Saucy Jack and the Space Vixens. Very happy with our choice!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you as our guests! Thank you for the kind review! I will pass along your breakfast compliments to the one and only Miss Jeannie -- our beloved breakfast chef of 40 years! Miss Jeannie takes her job very seriously and always makes sure our guests are fed well and happy! Should you ever find yourself in Houston again we'd love to see you!

Reviewed 2 August 2017

What a blessing to find Sara's in the Heights. The home is beautiful and the room was charming. Very clean and lovely. The breakfast was exceptional and the kitchen kept treats in the evening for your convenience. Highly recommend Sara's, a good value for the price.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Saras_Inn, Manager at Sara's Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you as our guest! Thank you for the lovely review and recommendation! We hope to see you again the next time you're in Houston!

Reviewed 27 July 2017

I stayed here for a night on a work trip and before completing my stay, I booked a week-long stay for me and one of my colleagues. Bebe was so personal and accommodating. She texted me right after I landed from my very early flight to see when I would want to check in... I'm so used to getting to check in at 3pm that I was floored. Such a relief, that I could drop my bags, cool down, and had access throughout the day.
I loved the elevated space that also felt comforting and homey. Staying at the Inn reminded me of staying at my grandma's house growing up--definitely a positive memory.
Bebe introduced me to the owner of the Inn and overall, made me feel highly valued as a human and customer.
I'll be back for a full week next time and I am really looking forward to it. While I already booked my colleague and I, another asked me where I was staying and is booking at the Inn as well. I have very few things in life that I fully endorse, but Sara's is one. (The others include my house plant guy and my hair dresser.)

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong with this place.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Saras_Inn, Manager at Sara's Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Dear Sarah,

It was a pleasure having you as our guest at the Inn! We're very excited to welcome Marine Layer to the neighborhood and look forward to meeting and hosting your colleagues. If at all possible we are always happy to accommodate early arrivals -- especially in this intense Houston summer heat! We appreciate the awesome review and are happy to have you as the newest addition to our extended family! By the way -- your hair IS amazing. I can only imagine how amazing your house plants are! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2017

I stayed here for a few nights while in town visiting friends & family and it was perfect! I very much prefer the intimate feel of a B&B over a chain hotel and Sara's didn't disappoint. My room was comfortable and, most importantly, clean, and the breakfast each morning was the perfect way to start my day. I can't say enough good things about the staff that I encountered - it really felt like a home away from home and I will definitely be back the next time I am in town. The location was perfect too, right in the middle of one of Houston's most popular neighborhoods with plenty of things to do and restaurants to try. This place is really a gem!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely review! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear to you felt at home while at Sara's. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope you will stay with us again soon!