“Great Birthday Dinner”
Review of North Italia

North Italia
Reserve with OpenTable
North Italia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 8,667 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Not my first time at North but tonight's service was so impressive I had to post about it.
Tonight we went to celebrate my godson's 14th birthday. We were a party of six. My godson, his sister, his parents, myself and my husband. My husband arrived early while I picked up a cake next door at Whole Foods. As soon as I walked in the door a nice young lady offered to take the cake and asked if I was there for the 14th birthday. Rebecca was her name and she let me know that she would be waiting on us.
Honestly Rebecca really helped make the celebration a little more special. She was so helpful and kind. We didn't need to ask her for anything and everyone agreed her service was excellent. Rebecca brought the cake out at the perfect time, without us having to ask and even lit the cake with a candle!!! She even offered to cut the cake. At a time like a birthday celebration, promptness and courteousness really matters.
It isn't everyday that we encounter people willing to be as helpful Rebecca. She could have easily passed me up without helping.
Food was good too. You can really tastes the freshness of the pasta.
Meatballs - yum! They were cooked well. Not dry. Didn't crumble and perfect seasoning.
Chef's board - MUST have. This is excellent to share; even amongst two people.
Chicken pesto - creamy and delicious. Personally, I could have added more pine nuts but my friend felt her serving had the perfect amount of pine nuts.
Short rib radiatori - Complex flavor! It had a hint of a citrus flavor but I'm not sure where that came from. I really liked this dish.
Bread - almost perfect!
I've had the bolognese and pizzas there before. Both are very good.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We went here on Saturday and we're delighted with the menu! Half of our party ordered breakfast and half ordered lunch! Everything was fresh and delicious - omelette, bolognese, french toast, etc. North is very family friendly and has a nice kids' menu!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Our first night in Houston we booked a reservation at the recommendation of Open Table. The entire place was bustling with music and high energy. All of the wait staff and even the trio of hostesses made us feel right at home from the start. The building has very high ceilings and plenty of huge windows so you can see the people passing by or drool and admire the high end vehicles being valet parked directly out front, Maybachs and Bentleys anyone? From the hand crafted cocktails, my wife's Julietta had a beautiful edible flower as garnish, gorgeous. And yummy! My wife's .handmade daily pizza was piping hot, full of organic ingredients, and huge! The truffle bread we shared as an appetizer was off the chain, soft on the inside, crispy shell, ouey gooey cheese meted all over, could have been a meal in itself for one
person. The head manager, Gabriel was over the top nice. one of the most sincere and professional individuals I have come across in years. He was so nice and inviting, even comping us 2 free desserts of our choosing when the food took just a little too long to come out of the kitchen. We were not concerned at all about the wait by the way. So cheers, thumbs up, I mean way up for North Italia in Houston, we will definitely go back again and again, and so should you;)

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Food was fantastic. For the appetizers, the baked vegetables were very tasty and the calamari was just ok. The pizza had great flavor, and the pizza dough had more flavor than any pizza dough I have ever tasted. The Bolognese was savory and the pasta was superior. For dessert, the donuts are out of this world. Even the iced tea was great. Can’t say enough good things about the food. Only knock is that the kitchen was backed up and it took a while to get our food; however, it was well worth the wait.

1  Thank Robert S
Reviewed 17 March 2018

My daughter raved about this restaurant so when I visited her in Houston, she brought me. The restaurant was very busy but we chose to sit at the outside bar instead of waiting for a table. It was a warm enough night and we had a great vantage point to see inside the restaurant. Our bartenders were very attentive and super friendly. I allowed my daughter to order her favourite dishes. She chose mussels and the fig and prosciutto pizza. I thought I died and gone to heaven, the pizza was that good. When she mentioned North I knew I recognized the name from one of the restaurants mentioned by the Top Chef judges as a good spot to eat in Denver. I can't wait to eat there again, when I'm in Denver this summer