“Good BBQ and Superb Service!”

SouthernQ BBQ & Catering
Ranked #680 of 8,312 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

My husband wanted BBQ today but I didn't want the usual locations. Found an old newspaper clipping of good BBQ places to eat at in Houston and Southern Q was listed. So we gave it a try. We were not disappointed!! The homemade sausage was awesome ! The brisket was tender! Homemade sauce was perfectly made. And to top it off, the service was top notch ! Friendly faces, smiles and good food means that we will return and soon!

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

When I order moist outside cut, it's right every time. Perfect balance of smokiness and spice. Ribs are tender and just the right chewy on the sweet outer crust. Turkey breast makes the best sandwich ever. Been back many times to these sweet folks.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Based on fellow TA reviewers, we decided to give this place a try. At first impression, we were really surprised by the small red building-but we were here and were determined to try. WE WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED! Oh, my! Besides the usual B-B-Q fare, there was delicious boudin with "fire crackers"-so good. Very moist chopped and sliced brisket. We also had the deer sausage sandwich-excellent. And we ordered the green beans-I could eat that ALL DAY! Seasoned with garlic & so much brisket-fabulous! Ribs that fell off the bone! We're glad we took the chance and we didn't regret it a moment.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

You really feel welcome at Southern Q; lots of smiles, great customer service, and a comfortable, relaxing spot, to enjoy some excellent bbq. My husband got the baked potato filled with chopped beef,and enjoyed every bite of the large potato. I got a chopped beef sandwich, which was on a very fresh bun. They have a regular bbq sauce, and a spicy one, so order yours "on the side", if you are not sure which you might like. They will gladly bring containers of both to your table. For us, the taste of Worchestershire Sauce was a bit overwhelming, in their sauce; maybe it was the batch they made that day, but I would probably skip the sauce, due to this,and just enjoy the great bbq, on its' own. I also had a delicious side of mac n cheese,and look forward to trying their other side dishes.
This is definitely the best bbq we have had in a long time, and we look forward to returning to Southern Q.

Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

Absolute best BBQ in Texas!!! The brisket is superb. The sausage was tasty and the flavored crackers a nice twist.