“Excellent food!”

Monarch Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Monarch Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #147 of 8,666 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: USD 25 - USD 35
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main St and Ewing St
Transit: Museum District stop on Houston Metrorail.
Description: Like everything at Hotel ZaZa, the dining room and nightlife space are designed to entice your every sense. Hotel Zaza dares you to lose yourself in the intoxicating aromas, layered flavors and unexpected touches of the “see and be scene” Monarch Restaurant & Lounge. So come, play, revel, and experience dining and entertainment in the Houston area that’s a world apart.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

They call appetizers "small plates" which I can only assume is because it's Texas, because we could share one and call it dinner! The house made pimento cheese is excellent as is the white pizza.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Perfect full lunch after the museum. We were planning on going lighter, but we couldn’t resist the fish special. It was awesome - delicate and delicious. Good cocktails as well. Hostess extremely helpful also

Reviewed 15 March 2018

This was my third visit to the Monarch Restaurant and it will always be on my list when I visit Houston in the future.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Went recently for brunch. Had the burger and grouper special. Both were very good. Service was excellent as well with attentive and friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Ate there last week with a business colleague. I am not a big meat eater so I had the salmon. It was terrible! I had high hopes when they asked how I wanted it cooked, since this is not common at most places unless they are good. I asked for medium rare and when I got my plate and it looked like a Pollock painting, a mess. The fish itself was inedible. A bad cut with pin bones still in it, and so heavily cooked it was one step away from Trader Joe's jerky. The accompanying vegetables were also inedible. Went downtown and had fish and chips as I need something before a very early flight out. I live in NYC and am not a price snob, but prices were in line with what I would pay at a Michelin starred restaurant like Nomad hotel at home and the food was on par with Olive Garden at the Monarch. Wine prices are severely inflated. Have eaten at much better places in Huston from BBQ to gourmet. If this place was not in a hotel that didn't do a big convention, wedding and business training business it would be gone in a hurry.