See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 April 2015

I needed a place to stay with a late arriving flight. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. Rooms were large and clean. The staff was excellent. Made sure I knew how to get there. Breakfast was your typical cereal, waffle, juice offerings. The two mile drive off exit 66A was worth it.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
Stevo S, Manager at Rodeway Inn Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2015

Thanks for the excellent review! We strive to make your stay comfortable and provide you with a level of service superior and above expectations. We're glad you chose Rodeway Inn & Suites and hope you'll consider us during your next trip to Houston

Steve Schlemmer
Manager
Rodeway Inn & Suites

rodeway1960@yahoo.com
281-821-9900

Reviewed 28 January 2015

I stayed here for a night only between legs of a flight. I paid $55 and got what I paid for. The front desk service was great. I needed to print, sign and fax a document for work and Steve made the whole process a breeze. The room was clean but the fixtures are old, there was rust/mold? in the corner where the floor met the tub. I slept well with ear plugs in. There were no vacancies and I will say I wasn't terribly comfortable walking from my room to the lobby after dark, but felt that my room was safe.

I thought I was saving money going there rather than a closer airport hotel, but the taxi was $25 each way. So if you're looking for a place to stay for an overnight layover, you'd be better off paying a higher rate closer to the airport.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank 592beckyq
Stevo S, Manager at Rodeway Inn Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2015

Thank you, Becky, for the kind review. Yes, the property is a bit on the "mature", older side, but we do strive to keep it clean, freshly painted and comfortable. In addition to new carpet, we have all new mattress/box springs and curtains. Tub repair/replacement is next on our to-do list. We do not have a shuttle to airport so yes, a taxi is the only way to be transported. Thanks for staying with us and I do hope you'll consider us or another Choice brand hotel for future travel needs.

Steve Schlemmer
Manager
Rodeway Inn & Suites
2531 FM 1960 Rd East
Houston, TX

Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 6 nights in April. We were on a tight budget and it was great for the price. We slept very well and the room was spacious. With the microwave and small refrigerator we were able to prepare simple meals. The breakfast provided by the hotel was also adequate, with toast, boiled eggs, cereal, juice and fresh fruit. The staff was friendly and professional. We also used the washer and dryer for laundry. Our room was missing a hair dryer at first, but all we had to do was ask.

It is true the towels might have been thin, but it is, after all, a budget motel. I also wish there was better lighting, but most hotels need better lighting. I just need to remember to travel with a desk lamp! The wifi was excellent, which was not always true for the other places we stayed during our 3 week roadtrip.

Thanks Houston Rodeway Inn!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Sandy S
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed here 2 nights and we were pleased with our stay for the price we paid $55 a night for a king size bed, microwave, fridge, coffee pot. The bed was firm and very comfortable. The simulated bed headboard needed a coat of paint because it had all sorts of scratched on writing on it. We will be back to stay at this hotel. They offered continental breakfast but only until 9am so we didn't go but at least they had that.

Room Tip: It's an L Shape, one floor hotel. We booked it online through Expedia.com. It's best to shop online for the best deal and read the reviews of people that have stayed there before.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Totoya_12
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed in for 1 night traveling through Houston. The sheets were stained and the towels gray and dingy. When we called the front desk for "new" linens, the ones that were brought had holes in them. The room also had a lingering smoke odor.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business