“Good Pho”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: Clear Lake
Neighbourhood: Clear Lake
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

My family loves pho and this place is close to home and has pretty good food. The waitresses are friendly and you can usually get a good deal via groupon.

There are newer reviews for Hoang Pho Restaurant

Reviewed 15 June 2015 via mobile

I go to Pho Hoang approx once a month. We drive 20 mins to clear lake to get there. The grilled meat spring rolls are great and I usually get a bowl of pho.
I used to get the grilled pork with vermicelli but it is too pricy now. The soup is cheaper.
I will still continue to go.

Reviewed 17 October 2014

I bought a groupon in preparation for a trip to the Houston area. Thinking of Houston, I had thought that no Vietnamese restaurants could survive being so bad; but this was the worst, and I couldn't understand why it's been there for a while. No wonder when we arrived, there were no Vietnamese in the restaurants. We ordered 4 different dishes: pho (beef soup), fried tofu with rice, and bo kho (stewed beef soup). The bo kho was the worst; we'd never seen it cooked/prepared that way; it was all wrong (ingredients-wise) and poorly presented; even the bread that came with it was not the correct bread! How terrible!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Ok, I only went here as my husband bought a Groupon and made me go. First mistake. Once I got there, I said, "well, I'm going to make the best of it". Hard to do....service was horrible, food was medicore and the restaurant is dark and dreary. (What are they hiding?!?) We asked for change with the final bill and the waiter forgot to bring it back - after waiting 15 minutes, we finally ask him for it.

Not too many places that I refuse to visit again, but this will definetly be one of them.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

The Pho Hoang on Bay Area Blvd in Clear Lake City is very good. It is usually crowded at lunchtime but the service is still good. They have generous portions and are reasonably priced. Good place for a quick lunch.