“Good Food”

Barbecue Inn
Ranked #254 of 8,906 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

Went here on Saturday morning. Place opens at 10:30 . Ordered chicken fried steak and fried shrimp. Had baked potatoes for sides since they don't have mashed potatoes. Food was homemade and was good. Service was great and had lot of pictures in the walls that shows the history of restaurant.

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

I'm with the reviewer that said they have never had the BBQ cause the seafood platter is great. I have been going since 1966 also and I guess I need to try other things. Haha. They have been in business and same owners for over 70 years. We use to dress up to go there.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Always get the best fried gulf shrimp and or stuffed crab or oysters. Have never eaten the bbq or fried chicken which I hear is fantastic. For some reason ordered the chicken fried steak, which was mediocre at best. While I love this place with the throw back interior and real professional server staff, I really can't believe how middling my entree was. Others had the shrimp, brisket, ribs and fried chicken, and raved about their meals. I had to admit I made a mistake, and should have had the shrimp and stuffed crab. Without doubt I will be back but warning to others who follow, lots of better places to get the CFS, and no better place to get the seafood or friend chicken. Fantastic chocolate meringue pie as well.

1  Thank PhiladelphiaPhillip
David S, Owner at Barbecue Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2017

Thank you for your honest review. I am sorry that the Chicken Fried Steak (CFS) was not to your liking, however the next time you are in I would like you to ask for the Manager and explain your experience. I will have them cook another CFS on the side of what you order for you to try. Just for your opinion! Our CFS might have been a little off. We value you business and look forward to serving you.

Reviewed 25 January 2017

On a friend's recommendation I stopped by this restaurant.

Biggest surprise ever. Words do not lend them selves to explaining the wonderful service and GREAT food.

Thank you for your kind words! We look forward to you dining with us again soon!

Reviewed 23 January 2017

We returned for the first time in a few years last night ... ate the same thing as we did in 2014 -- all white meat fried chicken with crispy fries and salad .... huge portions and plenty to share ...

Beth was our server and she was sweet -- very accommodating.

We were too full to get dessert, but they look delicious too!

Highly recommend this restaurant!

Thank you for you review! Please dine with us again soon!