“Awesome”

Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

The best Italian food!!!
The pizza is real deal New York.
Hand thrown.
Great prices.
Food service.
Family run.
Hasn't changed in 40 years.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Went to Antonio’s for the first time recently. The restaurant has been remodeled and is very nice. We had a large pizza and mozzarella sticks. Both items were great and I will definitely be back soon. The menu has so many items I want to try.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We had dinner with friends last week and it was very good. Good Service. Reasonable prices. Excellent pizza. We will go back.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

My company has been ordering take-out from Antonios for nearly 6 years. We usually ordered from here when we wanted a quick and tasty pizza lunch. Never again.

Last month my family home was destroyed by the Hurricane that hit Houston. We had 40" of water in our home for 10 days and we have no idea when we will be back if ever. After 3 weeks of misery I decided to take my wife and 3 kids to dinner to cheer them up. Because we are displaced the home we are staying in is near the restaurant so we decided to give it a shot. The hostess was kind and knew our situation after asking. We ordered a few drinks, an appetizer and then our meal. When the meal came the waiter completely and totally disappeared. We completed our meal with no refills, no check-ups and no consideration. I finally asked another waiter to give me the bill which she did with a smile on her face. We got up to leave and I walked by someone who I thought may have been the owner, but spent most of his evening tossing dough for entertainment. I told him I was disappointed in the service and rather than asking me why he told me the waiter was bad and "things happen". Then the manager on duty got involved and also repeated the "things happen" line. She said if it was that bad we should have found her to complain. My family was in our booth for 1 hour and the manager never once stopped by to check on us. Never asked how our meal was. Never even looked over to see how we were doing, even as a new table with new faces. She was very poor at her job, and her snarky responses to us were not welcomed.

Was the food here good? Yes it was. But the service was horrible and the way management treated us, after the few weeks we had just gone through, was inexcusable. We will never ever eat here again and my company will never order take-out from these people. If you have a heart pass on this place, there are many other wonderful restaurants to choose from just a few blocks away.

1  Thank Rami T
Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

I confess: I drove by this place for 20 years because I wrongly assumed it was just another fast food pizza joint with a gimmicky sign. Any real New Yorker doesn't care if a pizza can be tossed in the air, they simply want a great tasting pizza. Well I learned that Antonio's is so much more than pizza dough flying around. In fact it took me a full year of eating there before I even tried their fantastic pizza.

Eight years and well over a hundred visits later, both with and without friends, I've eaten my way through the entire menu and every dish has been truly delicious, but I do have my favorites. My favorites are the Totellini Alla Panna and the Shrimp Francese which I order off menu. I'm also extremely fond of the Lasagna and the Eggplant Parmigiana. Their meatballs and tomato sauce are both particularly outstanding and their homemade chicken broth soup is second to none! If you're a salad person they have the freshest veggies I've ever had in a salad anywhere. Most restaurants offer a salad as an appetizer and I always choose to forego it when I dine elsewhere because it always disappoints. Not at Antonio's! Love their salads!

Now let's talk pizza. I prefer to make up my own selecting ingredients from the menu. I choose fresh mushrooms, kalamata olives, eggplant, spinach, garlic and marinated roasted peppers which are out of this world! I prefer less cheese than most Americans are accustomed to, so I have them use half as much when making my pie. I usually take some home and enjoy a cold slice or two for breakfast like many New Yorkers do.

Who can eat Italian food and not enjoy a glass of wine? I never would have guessed they even had wine if I only read the iconic sign outside. They have an excellent selection of both Domestic and International wines. I'm a European snob when it comes to wines so I stick with the French and Italian varietals as a rule.

Espresso anyone? I always ask for a double. Goes great with their cannoli.

Truly this gem of a restaurant is by no means the fast food joint I once imagined it to be. In fact, as a lover of Italian food, it's my favorite place to eat in Houston. It's clean, simple and unpretentious. Go there to enjoy a slow meal with friends. You'll be back. They've been in business since 1971 so they must be doing something right. Buon appetito!

1  Thank Manjunath108