“Lunch, LePam Style!”

Le' Pam's House of Creole
Ranked #417 of 8,312 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Reviewed 13 June 2017

We ladies decided that it was a good day for some Louisiana cooking, so we headed to Le'Pam's, while shopping in the area. We were greeted with friendly smiles, an explanation of the day's menu, and a sample of some very good sausage and chicken gumbo. The dining room is relaxing, and decorated with a New Orleans touch that we really enjoyed; especially the charming little chandeliers, over the many tables. The restaurant is clean and spacious.
I ordered the chicken wings, and was informed that they take 20 minutes to cook. It's well worth every moment that I sat and enjoyed my large sweet tea, and we chatted with the lovely young lady that works with Miss Pam. Soon, my wings arrived; freshly fried, too hot to touch ,and seasoned perfectly. The wings are huge, so I shared one with my friend, and she gave me some of her catfish to try, as well. We both got the black-eyed peas and the broccoli and rice casserole, which I would recommend as sides. There was so much to eat, we decided we could have shared the wings and been very happy. Miss Pam does Not over-salt her food,as many Southern restaurants do, and she does a wonderful job of food being spicy, yet perfectly so, for any appetite. I took some freshly made peach cobbler home, and added some Blue Bell vanilla ice cream. It was really tasty, and there was, again, plenty to share.
My lunch, with dessert, was $18.00. Considering that it became 2 meals, with my leftovers, this was reasonable, for the good quality of the food. We asked for go cups, and were given a full, large sweet tea, which further added to the good value of my meal.
If you're looking to be welcomed and well fed, then head to Le'Pam's!

There are newer reviews for Le' Pam's House of Creole

Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

Food was good especially the banana pudding. Pam made it a very enjoyable experience what a nice person. Had the chicken and sausage gumbo, hubby had jambalaya that was made with pasta instead of rice a nice change from the normal. Will be going back again soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

If you want fresh food with a menu that changes daily and yummy deserts by Chef Pam that treats you like family.
Come check her out.
I'm from California visiting and while eating people were coming from Indiana, Pennsylvania, And a lady just got back from New Orleans and stopped in from real food.
Y'all come and check her out

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Never felt more welcomed in a restaurant than here! "Hi y'all come on in" right then you know you've made the right decision to eat here! Then the owner gives you a sample of her delicious gumbo and lures you in , from then on you're hooked! Home cooking at its best! My husband had to get the gumbo with seafood added ( crab and shrimp) and I got fried fish and shrimp, greens, and the best mac n cheese I've ever eaten in a restaurant! Come in as a stranger and leave as a friend was our experience here! Great food and service!

Reviewed 31 January 2017

New Orleans style comfort food like "ya mamminem" used to cook. Ms. Pam is very hospitable and very talented. (Her gumbo is as good as mine.) She even gave us a little taste of bread pudding before we left, when we were too full to order dessert. We enjoyed our visit very much and wanted to go back, but the timing was difficult, the only reason for only four stars instead of five. She's closed on Mondays, closes very early another weekday when we wanted to eat right after work a few minutes after 5, and was closed once when we expected her to be open based on posted hours. Based on this experience, recommend calling before going. I don't think they are ever busy enough to need a reservation, but best make sure she's open. Fortunately there are many other good restaurants all along FM1960 nearby. We never did get back there during the month I was home on vacation even though we live just around the corner about 3-4 blocks away.

1  Thank CajunIrish