“Breakfast at the bakery!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Manena's Pastry Shop & Deli
Ranked #3,390 of 8,591 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 28 December 2015 via mobile

Awesome morning stop! Loved the empanadas! we had a few pastries and tried one of each of the different kinds of empanadas - loved them all. Small family business .

Reviewed 29 August 2015

I have been visiting this place for years because of the unique products available there. I used to have lunch very often in this coffee shop when it was the only Argentine place in town and it used to be great, However, quality & freshness has drop down to the bottom though the years. I had a very bad experience last week when ordered a "tres leches" cake for a planned event (same afternoon and transported properly) and had guest warning others that the milk was rotten, but it was too late because the desert was already served and tasted by so many people. It was a very embarrassing moment. Hopefully, I can review it again in the future with a positive change on it.

Reviewed 22 July 2015

They really didn't have much to offer.....I hardly saw any! The place didn't even have an expresso machine other than a Nestle automated one. Pretty sad. I would not go back to visit this place. Sorry.

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

I'm from Argentina and I can assure you that Manenas offers the best and truly Argentinian food in Houston. The empanadas are delicious (the beef and spinach ones are our favorites!) and they are baked, much healthier compared to the typical fried empanadas. Sandwiches de miga are incredibly tasty -red peeper, egg and ham is definitely the best one- Other meals such as matambre and Milanesas (breaded meat) are superb too, real Argentinian, home made and huge portions. Pastries are top quality too. Service is as good as the food and prices are super reasonable.
5 stars overall and I would give it 10 stars if the system allowed me.

Reviewed 3 October 2012

We spent a good amount of time in South America last year, specifically, Argentina. There we discovered alfajors and rogels. We have been unsuccessful in finding worthy examples of these items back in the USA to satisfy our year old cravings. Not for lack of looking, mind you, just been unable to find any real Argentinian pastry shops. Well, that has changed!

Manena's is a very small, very authentic Argentinian pasrty shop making fabulous pastries. The alfajors are so good and so perfect, we were transported back to Buenos Aires after the first bite! The rogel did the same thing. Everything was so good, we ended up chatting with the owner and sharing stories about Argentinia. She is Argentinian and it shows! Very sweet and very talented!

Its probably a very good thing this shop is a thousand miles form our house! If it were closer, we might go daily. We didn't try any of the savory items on the menu but if there are anything like the pastries, they're fabulous!