“Authentic Sicilian”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Neighbourhood: University Place
Reviewed 23 January 2017

We happened upon this lovely restaurant one night, and what a delight. It has great atmosphere in an old home that feels so Italian. The food was great, especially the cannelloni and shrimp marinara. We will definitely be back!

There are newer reviews for Buon Appettito Restaurant

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

I had surgery at MD Anderson at 7 AM that lasted until 12.
I couldn't eat much until 4. By the the we got there I was starving.
I had the Eggplant Parmigiana and it was fantastic. Our server was very polite and attentive. Our meal arrived very quick and the bread was constantly being replenished.
I would definitely go back.
My only slight complaint would be the serving sizes were a bit small, but then again I really should be cutting back a bit anyway.
The desserts looked wonderful, but I had to pass on them, but next time....

Reviewed 7 December 2016

Quaint atmosphere and they make you feel comfortable even though I was dining solo. Thank you, I will definitely return and wish I had room for desert.

Reviewed 6 December 2016

I must have driven by this restaurant 100s of times over the years. I've never stopped in because the outside looks a little divey; but in this case you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. When you step through the door, you feel like you are in a little Italian restaurant in NYC. The kind where you step down off the street into a world of old school wiseguys. The dining areas are sectioned off into small rooms, around 4-5 tables each. The front room has a huge fireplace that kept us warm and toasty. I had the shrimp scampi and the lemon butter sauce was delicious. I may or may not have wiped up every bit of it with the warm and crunchy garlic bread the waiter kept bringing to the table. My friend had the alfredo which came with huge noodles and a super creamy and rich sauce. The only thing to note is the tables are pretty close together so its not the place to have a super private conversation. But that didn't bother us as we ended up chatting with the couple at the table across from us anyway. Prices are reasonable and the food and ambiance are great. Will definitely be back and highly recommend.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Wanted to love this restaurant but can't. We have been here twice and have compared it to our travels to Italy and Sicily.

1  Thank claudineinht