“our waiter”

Maggiano's Little Italy
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #97 of 9,028 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Great Uptown
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The food was great. I went there with my husband for a quiet dinner. We were there just for the weekend. However, the waiter just kept coming over with yet another story about his life. My husband who is almost 60 and traveled the world knows how to pick out wine. We didn't need to get Mike's approval. We didn't need to hear that he is studying wine and hopes to move up to a fine dining restaurant when he gets a car but for now has to work close to where he lives. Then he tried to impress us with how he could carry a load of dishes. News flash to Mike, Fine dining restaurants have their own wine stewards and people who deliver the food and pick up the dishes. The waiter only takes the order. So all his skills are perfect for Magliano's but he needs to learn to go away when people want to dine in peace. Also, I don't want to hear what dishes you like best and what dessert you like. I want to order what I like. It wasn't our first Rodeo going out to dinner. We'll call you over if and when we have a question or need you. In fact if I'm in the area again I'll request another waiter.

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

I ordered three bruschetta that were pretty good, a half salad that was Okay and finally ordered “Our Famous Rigatoni”. The chicken did not taste good so I left all the chicken in the plate. I only ate the rigatoni.

I hate restaurants whose waiters ask you how everyting tastes and when you say something they do not want to listen they leave.

The chicken was not good, did not taste good and I cannot guarantee that it was before expiration date. I do not leave anything on my plate ever.

Why do they ask you about your food taste if they do not care?

Why they do not ask you about your food when you leave in the plate all the chicken?

Is there any kitchen control to analyze whatbis returned?

It looks like that the answer is NO.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

We seek out Maggiano’s when in the mood for Italian food. I love their Sausage and peppers , my wife loves their Caesar Salad. Their chopped salad is the greatest anywhere. Their Italian bread basket is a real treat. All of their main courses are very well prepared, and I especially like that when I am in the mood for a steak, they Evan have that, and is is always prepared perfectly and the cut of meat is superb!!

Reviewed 30 September 2018

Great food, good service - especially like the calorie count against each dish on the menu

Ate there three times - excellent steaks, delicious sauces with pasta and risotto

I'll be back

Reviewed 13 September 2018

The food was very good. And bonus you get to bring one entree him for the price of one. What restaurant does that?