“Not what it used to be”
Review of Movie Tavern

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Movie Tavern
Ranked #73 of 108 Fun & Games in Houston
Reviewed 5 October 2016

I'll start with the positive. Movie ticket prices are very affordable (compared to AMC or Silverado) and the chairs are very comfortable with plenty of sitting space. You're not a sardine like in other theaters.

The negative is that the food has really gone down hill! They have revised the menu several times over the years that I have patronized this establishment and with each revision comes a worse menu. Every entree I have ever ordered has been reduced in size and quality, but not in price. In fact, many of the prices have risen despite the lower quality and quantity.

Service is really hit or miss. If you have low expectations you'll never be disappointed in that regard. Overall, I like the place but there are definitely some areas that need attention. I hope they are able to get it together one day.

Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

This place has food to eat there , we loved the fact you can eat while enjoying the movie, recommended with friends , good drinks too.

1  Thank bryanmantezoni
Reviewed 20 January 2016 via mobile

Eat before you get there. The food is gross and we've had one of our kids get sick from it. We don't like the concept of eating in the dark while the waiters are constantly moving through the theater. We've tried it out a few times, but it's just not for us.

Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

We never tried this before and I thought we would try it today. The food was disappointing but the service was great. We also discovered that we don't like eating in the dark.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 October 2015

Movie was good but that was it! Terrible I mean really terrible food! The chicken chipotle sliders were the worst food I have ever eaten! We asked the server if we ordered apps and dinner at the same time ( our 1rst time there) and she said we could and she would make sure there was time between apps and main course. Well guess what showed up first, main course, so we asked them to take it back and bring the appetizer out, They set our dinner on a counter and gave us the appetizer, then 5 minutes later picked up the same main course and brought it to our table!! COLD!!! I told the different server what happened and she said, "so what do you want me to do about it, this is what you ordered"! This will be the LAST time we go there. Seats in online picture show recliners but they have office chairs that have the arm rest padding tore off!1 Good thing my date was beautiful and found humor in it but my $75 is down the drain!! Just go for the normal movie theatre and save your money!! This place is terrible!!