1,353 results
All reviews bank building downtown houston vault door jetted tub front desk rain shower beautiful hotel large shower the penthouse metro rail bars and restaurants light rail room service corner room valet parking marriott property mini bar
Reviewed 13 November 2017

My stay at the Icon hotel was pleasant - room was clean, spacious and internet was good. Service was satisfactory and regular. Personnel was kind and responsive. My only recommendation would be to ensure more variety on the breakfast menu and euro electrical adapters.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mitchell R, Front Office Manager at Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your most recent stay. As we pride ourselves on providing a positive, memorable experience for all of our guests, we are delighted to hear we have exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Houston!

Reviewed 12 November 2017

The Houston Astros & Hotel Icon Houston are both winners!!! Front Desk Manager Mitchell along with Rita&Marianella, Bartender Eddie & Line&Lariat breakfast staff hit a Grand Slam! This truly an Iconic Hotel!

Room Tip: Every room is unique!!!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

I’m a frequent business traveler and a Marriott Rewards member. I paid a significant premium for booking at the last minute but this historic hotel captured my curiosity. Its historical charm, unique room layout, staff and surrounding area proved to be a wonderful experience. My conversation with a female manger about dropping the $33.00 overnight valet fee spoiled everything. In short, I explained I understood higher rates ($430 w/tax-fees) for booking last minute, that I would immediately book the online $139/night for November 15th but would greatly appreciate dropping the additional $33.00 overnight valet fee that I was being charged today.
Being told “no” is one thing. When it’s done in a rude and unprofessional manner is completely different.
There are many other options within walking distance and I’d prefer to spend my money where management appreciates my business.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Max G
Mitchell R, Front Office Manager at Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Dear Max G,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us, while we appreciate the kind things you have said about your stay we regret that we were unable to honor your request for complimentary valet parking. All of our guests who park a vehicle with us are billed $33.00 per night for overnight parking which is comparable to other full service hotels in the immediate area. We do offer parking inclusive packages which are available to book through our website or through our reservations line. Once again, thank you for your feedback, we hope to serve you again when your travels bring you back to the Houston area.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

I believe this is an older hotel which has been updated nicely with a "texas" theme. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Because it is an older hotel the room layouts are a bit choppy but large and nicely done.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 November 2017

I submitted a review a few days ago but guess it didn't make it through. I must say first of all that the ICON staff is absolutely phenomenal. Our daughter's wedding and rehearsal party were held here and it was PERFECT. The head caterer Michael McVey was cool, calm and collected as he and his staff pulled off the wedding dinner and appetizers and drinks. Everything was delicious and 5 star. Ozzy, our valet, was patient with us and extremely helpful in helping us all get to our rooms. There were over 75 guests from all over the USA that came and the majority of them stayed here at the ICON. Sergio at the front desk is my friend for life as he took care of every little favor I asked of him and then some. All with a big smile and with such patience. Larcene in the engineering dept. was just plain NICE and so helpful with our TV fiasco. I had placed my hot rollers in front of the receiver and didn't even realize it! We had a good laugh about that! The maid service couldn't have been any better. Just a great, nice, friendly staff all around....and THAT makes all the difference in the world! Thanks to the ICON for making my daughter's wedding a stupendous occasion!

Room Tip: We were on the fifth floor and it was so peaceful and calm...perfect.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your most recent stay and our amazing staff! As we pride ourselves on providing a positive, memorable experience for all of our guests, we are delighted to hear we have exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Houston!