Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston - Memorial Park Area
Ranked #231 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Waxahachie, Texas
“May 22 stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Normally, my stay here is great but this time due to the room I had it was less than desirable. I had room 215 and the noise comming from the mechanical room next door was non stop. It would wind down and start up again like an airplane engine. Then it would just run constantly. I had to take a sleeping pill to get any sleep. Next time I will go somewhere else rather than have to sleep in that room. I cannot believe something cannot be done to stop the noise. I come down to Houston every couple of months now and this Hotel is close to our office so I would like to continue to stay there.
Hope something is done.

Room Tip: Don't pick the east end rooms!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston - Memorial Park Area, responded to this review, 8 July 2012
Dear Glen G,

Thank you for staying with us again and leaving us a review. I am pleased you like the convenient location of our hotel as well as our clean and comfortable room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry for any inconvenience the noise from our mechanical room caused you during your stay. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

Have stayed at several HI Exp: Jacksonville, Florida, San Francisco and Houston. All have been good. This Houston property exceeded expectations. Every staff member was professional, pleasant, helpful and went out of their way to make sure we received excellent service.

Room Tip: The property faces frontage road for I 10 (Katy Freeway). Rooms on south side quieter. Face an area...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston - Memorial Park Area, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Thanks for your kind words.

We are thankful for the staff that I have here. They show me everyday that they love our guest and work hard. No matter what training we do my staff has showen me that they will continue to meet and excede my expectations for cutomer service. I will pass on the good words to our staff and again thanks for these kind words.
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

Stayed for 4 days, the rooms was spacious and nicely cleaned. The breakfast I found excellent with a nice selection from pancakes, bagel, muffin, bread, yogurt, cereal, milks, eggs, sausages, buscuit, bacon to a nice selection of teas & juice-very complete. The staff is friendly and very attentive. Location was great with easy access to freeway only 10 mins to Galleria Mall and 15 to Downtown.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind words.

We are glad that our guest enjoy our breakfast. We have struggled so much to get a good varity that everyone likes. Most guest love our Cinnamon rolls and our one button Pancake machine. On Fridays my family would make a tradition of getting donuts and kolaches to enjoy. I brought that experiance here every Friday we have donuts and kolaches to enjoy with all our guest. We hope you come back soon and enjoy another stay with us.
Shanghai China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I've stay here twice when biz trip in Houston. The hotel is close to freeway. It is also not far away from Galleria with proper room rate. The parking area is not small. The front desk always help customer on what they need. The room is well cleaned and the AC is in good condition.
The only concern is the room close to the Katy freeway side is a little big noise than opposite side.

Room Tip: You'd better to select the side opposite the freeway.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thanks for the kind words. We love when our guest enjoy our property as much as we enjoy working here. We strive to make everything better for our guest. Unfortantly yes we are rather close to the Katy Freeway (I-10). We understand for some this is a bother although we have several guest that enjoy the view and the sounds of the freeway. We are constantly striving for our guest to enjoy their stay. With that being said if any of our guest ever have issues with the sound we urge them to talk to the front desk and we will do everything in our power to make sure they get a good room that they can enjoy.
Thanks again for the great comments and hope you come and visit again.
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012 via mobile

Staff very friendly & helpful , front desk went out of their way to accommodate me at check in. Rooms about what expected at HI Express clean nice, AC not working that well but ok. Great location.

Stayed April 2012
We appreciate your feedback and thank you for the kind words. We strive to make our property friendly. We do not want to be like some that shove a key at you and direct you where to go. We are welcoming you into our home and we want you to feel that we are happy to see our guests. We hope you keep comming back and we promise to keep being friendly and keep improving our property.