“Finally a restaurant that lives up to the hype”
Review of Uchi

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

Been to many "top" and trendy restaurants. Most are overrated and a disappointment when compared to expectations. This was not the case here.

I this case I feel like I'm stating the obvious - the food was great and each dish was different from the other. All the servings were fresh and simple but with a little twist to them. The foie sushi was one of the best single bites I've had at any restaurant. They also had a good beer selection.

We tried many dishes until we were full and the cost was still less than some of the other overrated places in Houston.

To be fair, I didn't like was the sashimi with truffle oil.

If you can stand to look at old men trying to act rich or showing off to their young dates, this place is worth it. It meets or exceeds the hype.

Date of visit: June 2016
Write a reviewReviews (841)

Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

Definately a place i would go to again. Food was great. I had some 10 year olds with me and they loved it.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

This place is delightful. Every aspect of the experience, from service, atmosphere and above all fabulous food will amaze you. Enjoy!!

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

Think you have had all sushi combos possible? Think again. Extremely unusual combinations and delicious...on top of being almost too beautiful to eat..although, I did, before I could get a picture. Oops. Pricy, but so worth it. Call ahead for reservation, they get packed.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

This was the best Asian food I ever had. Every dish was delicious and the service was just perfect. I can only highly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2015