Super 8 Houston/Brookhollow NW
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Baron Inn(Houston)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe bullet proof glassmicro fridgerooms are cleanmotelfreewaytexas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 December 2009

Was surprised to find a nicely tiled bathroom, clean carpet, freshly painted walls, and a desk, sofa, fridge, microwave, cable tv and a clean breakfast area (which was basic with juices, grits, oatmeal, cereal, and muffins). Decent price, safe area, and no problems. Will return if needed.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank djz032070
Reviewed 19 July 2009

I walked to my room which was in a corner on the 1st floor. The area smelled of urine. I entered my room and could smell a odor of womens cologne. I dropped off my luggage to go out to dinner with my family. I returned to my room and after being in the room I began to smell vomit. As I walked towards the waste basket the odor became stronger. The basket was clean but I believe a previous tenant must have missed the can and hit the carpet where the basket was located. The smell became nauseating. The basin drained slowly, the toilet handle had to be held down to flush,and the headboard to the bed was broken with part of it exposed. The minor things I could deal with but the odor was a different matter. I went down to the office and there was a gentleman who stood AWAY from the night window. He asked me what I needed and I explained the situation. I asked if there would be a room available the next day because i could not stay two days in a room that reeked of vomit. He told me there was nothing he could do. I asked if there were rooms available the next day? He again stated there was nothig he could do.This hotel has a NO REFUND, NO CANCELATION policy. In the am I again approached the staff at the desk. She then summoned a person from the rear. He asked me if I told the nite clerk about my room and I told him I had. He said he would move me at 1 pm. Housekeeping came at 11:30 and asked to clean the room. I told her we had checked out but were waiting for another room to move to. She told me this was her last room and she needed to clean it right now. She then left to go to the office I assumed. Our room phone rang and I was told to come get the key. As I hung up housekeeping arrived and told me she would open the door to our new room and she would clean the one we vacated. as we were relocating the woman from the front desk approached me and handed me the room key. Not a word was spoken. Customer service is lacking, she acted as if she were being bothered. Breakfast was Rice Krispy treats, honey buns, dry cereal, milk or coffee. Milk was not clearly labeled and there were several people eating their cereal dry until I located it. Also the iron/ironing board in the room is not convenient. The ironing board is in your room but no iron. Luckily I carry a travel iron. I had mentioned to the person at the desk that the iron is missing. He told me you have to come to the desk to request one. In our alternate room the chair was broken. The mattress was firm but the pillows are a joke. They are colorful pillows off of sofas or chairs with no support what so ever. I do have two postive notes. The have a small laundry mat there. The washer and dryer did an excellent job. Make sure you have your own detergent and drier sheets though. I noticed a PC located in the breakfast area for guests to use as well.

• Stayed: July 2009
3  Thank chubsterSanAntonio
Reviewed 12 July 2009

We had reserved a King bed and a sofa sleeper. The sofa had broken springs and couldn't be used as a pull out bed. Was told after 2nd day there that we were not supposed to have 3 people there. We had reserved and paid for a room for 3 people. That did get straightened out after showing the confirmation of the reservation. TV was not very good, blown speaker, buttons didn't work right. Had to get the remote replaced also to watch TV. States there is an iron and board. Not so. Breakfast is honey buns, muffins, cereal, etc. Asked the front desk to make sure we had extra towels. Never happened, had to go get them each time until we left a note for the maid. It is not bad for the price, not very close to sites south of Houston (Galveston, etc)

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2009

The price for the room was decent. We stayed here for one night. We notieced the smoke detector was removed by somebody. Also, the room had a funny smell when the heater was on. We had turned the heater on because somebody left the A\C running and the room was cold. The toilet would keep running, too. Overall, it was decent, but I've had better at Super 8.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2009

Plus:
- Micro-Fridge
- Clean rooms
- Close to highway
- Good price (around $50)
- Quiet
Minus:
- Staff descent, but not outgoing

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family