Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
USD 119
USD 197
USD 161
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 183/night.

USD 152
USD 138
The Whitehall Houston(Houston)
USD 203
USD 161
Priceline
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 207/night.

All reviewschose la quintahotel is greatclean roomslate checkfree breakfastnice stayconvenient locationfreewayhurricane
Reviewed 22 March 2018

I was in Houston with a group of FFA kids for the Ag Mechanics show at the Houston Livestock Show. I call the Elite number and booked king suite room. After talking with the other mom I was traveling with we decided a room with double beds would be better. I called the hotel and spoke to the clerk who told me she had a room with double beds available. I made the reservation. When we arrived at the hotel we were told that the hotel was full and they overbooked. The room with the double beds was not available. To their credit, they did give us 2 rooms with king beds and only charged us for one room. After check in, we were given our room keys. Our rooms were on the 4th floor. Ordinarily, this would not be a problem, but the elevator did not work. We had haul ALL of our luggage of the stairs. While we were climbing the stairs we say roaches crawling on the wall in the stair way. We get to our rooms and get ready to showers only to discover we did not have any wash clothes. We go back downstairs and ask for wash clothes only to be told they did not have any and we could just use a hand towel! We get back to our room and get ready to take a shower and in both rooms we had to kill a roach before we could get in the shower. The toilet seat in my room had a cig burn on the seat and there was a lamp that had a burnt our light bulb. The next morning we left and went to the Ag Mechanic Show. After a long day we returned to our hotel only to discover more roaches in the stair well. When we got to our room the maid had been there but my child could make up a bed better than she did. It was terrible. There were wrinkles all on the bed and the sheets were not even straight. When we got ready to get a shower, we were graciously given ONE washrag. Once again, we went downstairs and were told that was all they could give us to use a hand towel. We went to check out the next morning only to discover that they had never put our information in the computer and one of our rooms showed it was empty. Someone could have walked in on us at any time if they had booked that room. We did try to find another hotel, but because of the rodeo, there were none available. I would strongly advise that you not stay at this hotel and if I was La Quinta, I would be worried that this hotel was using the La Quinta name. I have stayed at many La Quinta's and I have never been treated like this and I have NEVER stayed in a La Quinta of such poor quality.

Room Tip: Order more wash clothes and teach your maids how to make up a bed. Also check the light bulbs in your lamps. Ours was burnt out.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank L4690BBkimb
LQ4016GM, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Thank you L4690BBkimb for your review. While our hotel is an older facility, it is always our goal to provide our best quality of room accommodations and "Here for You" service, and it seems we dropped the ball on meeting all your expectations. No amount of apologizes will make up for your experience here at La Quinta Houston - Southwest; however, we do hope you will continue to stay with La Quinta Inn and Suites nationwide. I will be presenting your review to my staff to be used as a tool to further training and improve our service and product quality. There is no reason why basics amenities, such as washcloths, were not properly stocked in our rooms. The elevator has been repaired and our contracted pest control company has be notified. Rest assured we will do everything we can to make the necessary improvements so no other guest will experience the same issues. Please accept my sincerest apologies on behalf of my staff and myself.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

I found the staff to be helpful and accommodating. One helped me print some documents, and another staff member offered to get me some breakfast when I left early before the breakfast officially started.
On the flip side, they lost my reservation, and the key to my room had to be replaced twice (requiring multiple trips up and down the elevator). The floors in the common areas were dirty giving the whole place a rather dingy feel. Dogs in the neighborhood (and in surrounding rooms) were barking much of the night, which added to the already high noise levels from the nearby freeway. I don't foresee a return to this location.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ4016GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time out to review our property. We are pleased to hear our staff was accommodating.
We apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during our stay. Your comments will help us improve our daily operations.

Reviewed 23 December 2017

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ4016GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2017

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for the past three weeks after taking a job in Houston. Moving from a city about 175 miles away and we are searching for a permanent residence in Houston. We chose La Quinta in Southwest Houston and would highly recommend staying here short or long term. Rooms are exactly as advertised, there is a REAL breakfast here, not coffee and a bag of oatmeal. Housekeeping excellent and friendly. Front desk people all were friendly and efficient. Raven even greeted me coming "home" from work asking me how my day had gone! That has never happened to me before anywhere. TV was clear and lots of channels with good variety, especially sports. My wife is VERY picky about hotels and she loved it too. I am going to have to stay in a hotel for an additional month maybe longer so im going to call them today to see if they will discount me a few dollars each day to help us out a little. Knowing these people i think they might, if not we may have to look at something a few dollars cheaper. However, the listed price is not unreasonable for the service and rooms. I will update later today and let people know what they said. Whatever happens its a great centralized location especially for me, 5 minutes from the office. Lastky, we ordered food delivery from three different places and they all took cash. As a former police officer that tells me that those places were not afraid their delivery people would be robbed nor assaulted at this hotel. Thumbs up. 5.

Jack Holmes

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
LQ4016GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Good day Mr. Holmes,

It is always a pleasure to read reviews such as yours. It is our goal to ensure our guest feel assured, settled-in and optimistic while staying with us. We pride ourselves in providing excellent service to each and every guest. We are delighted that Raven took a special interest in making you feel welcomed.

Please feel free to stop by the front desk so we may discuss your additional questions. We are "Here for You".

Thank you for staying with La Quinta Inn Houston Southwest.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQ4016GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017