“Great Place for Family and Friends!”
Review of Yard House

Yard House
Ranked #142 of 9,030 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2018

I recently came here with some family visiting from out of town. They have twin boys which obviously can be a handful but I've read many other reviews saying they catered well to children. It was 8 of us total with the kids, and when we arrived for dinner our table was already set up with menus and high chairs! Really nice touch for a restaurant that isn't a fine dining establishment. When our server came by to take drink orders, she was very friendly and offered kids cup with a lid and even offered to get the kids food started first if we wanted! Very helpful. She gave us great recommendations and described each dish very well. What i really find great about the service is that she was honest about dishes that may have been too big and could be split between two people. Many places just want to sell a lot of food and we always have too much left over. Its nice to have someone offer to split dishes as well! Over all really great experience and great selection of drinks and food to please everyone, even the kids. We will definitely be back and will be sure to tell our friends. Thanks Yard House!

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

My family of three came here because we noticed that every time we came to Bella Green (formerly Ruggles) this place across the square was packed. We noticed so below par Yelp reviews, but better reviews here, and decided to give it a chance. My wife had been here once, but just for drinks and an appetizer. Well, we should have stuck with that: the regular menu is terrible.

We are foodies. We cook a lot for ourselves, and pick up on dishes that are frozen, canned, or use “lazy” shortcuts instantly. Our three dishes were all three.

I ordered Jambalaya. The shortcut? They used ketchup as the base ingredient! Ketchup! Jambalaya is NOT supposed to be a sweet dish. Then, the frozen (or less than fresh) shrimp were so overpowered by garlic that ketchup and garlic were the only two discernible flavors.

My wife ordered a Barbecued chicken salad. This can be a good option: Cheesecake Factory does this well. What she got was a mixed salad with CANNED chicken, dabbled with barbecue sauce here and there, and then hidden under a bed of onion strings. The only edible part were the onion strings, which we don’t normally even eat.

Finally, my son ordered spaghetti with meatballs off the children’s menu. Also canned, likely chef boyardee.

In addition to flavor, you can instantly tell the difference between fresh preparation and frozen based on delivery time-we had our food in less than ten minutes on a busy night.

Last night and this morning we all feel queasy and sick. If you’re going to go somewhere to feel that way in the morning, you might as well opt for the grease bombs and beer, the only thing this places does well, apparently. Good luck!

Reviewed 28 April 2018

The range of beers is very good and the food is delicious. Always easy to get served even when busy. Waiters and waitresses are very friendly and helpful. Sport is shown on many screens and there is an outdoor dining area also.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

Having lunch here, as a single guest, asking for a place outside in the sun (it was rather chilly when I visited) I was escorted to a table where the sun was gone after a short while. ...The welcome was not great. When ordering food I got very little advice on the portions, resulting in that I had more than twice as food as I could eat…The guacamole was a huge disappointment, other than that the food was good and the waiter nice and friendly. However, with the prizes on eating out, one do expect better advice and service in total.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Yardhouse is in a great location in City Centre with parking. Good options for both food and drinks.