“Lunch for Easter Sunday”

Perry's Steakhouse & Grille - Champions
Reserve with OpenTable
Perry's Steakhouse & Grille - Champions is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #103 of 8,906 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: USD 35 - USD 45
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cutten Rd.
Reviewed 27 April 2017

We made reservations at Perry's for lunch on Easter Sunday after mass. The restaurant appeared to have just opened for business on that day because many of the staff were standing as if they had just had their "opening shift" meeting, waiting on customers to arrive.

We were immediately seated, in an area where another table of 4 were sitting. Our waitress came to our table very quickly and took our drink order. She then brought us our basket of bread and soft, very spreadable creamed butter (which was delicious) which our kids dove into right away. We passed on any appetizers and dove right into our entree ordering. I decided to go with the Pecan-Crusted Gulf Red Snapper Topped with jumbo lump crabmeat and white wine cream sauce. I was a little hesitant at first because I'm very apprehensive about ordering crab that has already been shelled. I do not like eating crab only to find bits and pieces of shell in the meat. However, I decided to cast my fears aside and go with it, and was glad that I did. The crab meat was hearty and there was no evidence of any shells anywhere. The plate was served with some very thin broccoli which I'm not sure that I've ever had, but they were really good! My wife and daughter ordered the Filet Mignon, and son ordered Fried Shrimp. We also ordered two sides: a side of Creamed Spinach and the Macaroni and Cheese and both were outstanding!

It was a great and delicious way to spend Easter Sunday!

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Love the food hate their prices especially wine prices.

However, they do have some good deals at happy hour in the bar. The burger is outstanding.

I would only go back here for happy hour

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

We decided to celebrate my DAD's birthday at Perry's and had a great experience. From beginning to end our experience was amazing, as our server Mr. Keys made us feel like we had the restaurant to ourselves. Our steaks were cooked to perfection, with the best whipped potatoes and mac and cheese. Do not forget to order the Nutty Deangelo prepared table side...it is really good! The GM Dexter came by several times to check on us...he's a class act and takes great care of his guests. Thank you for a great experience and we will be back soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

My grandmother wanted to celebrate her birthday with family here. I thought it was going to be overpriced, and while it was one of the more pricey meals I've had, it was quality and a wonderful night.

I was the first in the party to arrive. I was welcomed to have a seat at the table or wait. It was nice out, so I went outside to wait. There is valet parking, but I'd parked on the side in shade. I didn't notice if it was complimentary or not.

When we were seated, it was very dark inside and took several minutes for my eyes to adjust. The music was very loud, playing light jazz, and I could see that our server saw that I was having a difficult time hearing him. Not sure if this is the reason the music softened a few minutes later.

Since this was a special family occasion, we asked that the server leave us with drinks for a while, and he did a fantastic job of that, not stopping by every five minutes to ask if we were ready. He would simply walk by and observe, and when we were ready, we signaled to him.

Drinks came quickly. Refills were offered promptly.

We shared a few appetizers. The fried calamari was divine. It was fried with pepper rings, no dipping sauce was needed. Best freaking crab cakes outside of Maryland!

Most of the family ordered steak, and they all said it was cooked as ordered. My aunt had the fish that came with a few sides and looked fantastic. I tried the pork. It was a huge portion and I took some home. There were 3 cuts, which were prepared table side and explained to me as he cut them. It was very good, but when I ever return to Perry's, I'd not order it again.

For sides, the family again shared. We had creamed spinach, which was creamy and tasty. The corn was so much better than I expected. It was roasted and crunchy and had a wonderful flavor. I don't often enjoy corn, but I'd order this again.

No fanfare or dessert was offered to my grandmother, even though they knew it was her special day. We ordered desserts to share and thought the three dessert plate would be good. I was appalled at the small size of the three desserts. For one person, it was perfect, for 2 it would have been just a little sweet bite after a meal. But there were 5 of us and we should have been advised of the small size (photo included) and a suggestion that we order 2 might have been nice. The desserts were good, however.

They are open for lunch on Friday's and I hear they have a great happy hour with half price apps. I don't drink at bars, but it might be nice to go for dinner at the bar one night.

Great place for an expense account to entertain clients or for a special occasion. With drinks, the apps and sides, it came to almost $100 a person. It was great night and one that won't be soon forgotten. Quality food, very nice staff, friendly on the eyes. It was a bit dark and I hope they keep the music volume down.

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

If you haven't been yet, you must go! The atmosphere, the food, the wait staff, just perfection! Recent trip to the champions location in Houston for moms 80th birthday celebration was absolutely picture perfect....and there were plenty of perfect pictures taken!! The reservations were exactly where I had asked to be seated. The piano player sang happy birthday to my sweet mom and we will be back very soon!!