“A Must! Rather traveler or local Great Place”

Danton's Gulf Coast Seafood Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Danton's Gulf Coast Seafood Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #104 of 8,906 Restaurants in Houston
Price range: USD 15 - USD 75
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Museum District
Description: Award winning Gulf Coast Cuisine. Houston's go to for fresh, uncompromising excellence in casual fine dining.
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

I came early on a business call with client first time after hearing from locals a must try place. We arrived 15 minutes early on a hot hot summer day the manager or owner greeted us (Luis) while giving a staff meeting.

He offered us a lobby seat then came out telling us all about the place food specials and happy hours even weekends

I called my Angel to meet us there
The atmosphere speak easy old chicago great

We had appetizers from crab cakes to more a must! Calamari to fish chips and more good selection of wines and craft brews too !

We all enjoyed and great service and awesome attitude from owner or manager who really cares and loves his place!

I and my Angel truly can’t wait to go back for a full steak or lobster or seafood dinner even the salads sound must have crab seafood kale spinach and more

Truly u gotta treat yourself here

Classy upbeat professional staff awesome food

My Angel and i will be back full dinner or brunch very soon

Bryon and His Angel

Kyle T, Owner at Danton's Gulf Coast Seafood Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2018

Hi Ya'll,
Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review. Louis and Sondra are the great! Thanks for giving them a shout out.
Hope to meet you next time.

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Visited this restaurant on a Saturday afternoon and it was basically empty of customers, so we were definitely well taken care of. Ordered crawfish bisque and stuffed shrimp. Both dishes were served promptly and well presented. Haven't tried other dishes yet, but this may well be the best seafood served in Houston! Don't let you eyes let you exceed what you can eat, unless you have a place to store left overs.Thankfully, I was able to order a half serving of stuffed shrimp! You won't be disappointed. Our server was very helpful! Put this place on your to do list!

Kyle T, Owner at Danton's Gulf Coast Seafood Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review!

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Called to reserve, the OpenTable link was showing no seats available. There was actually plenty of seating, we felt like we had the place to ourselves!

Parking was no problem. Band was great. Danton's creates an atmosphere of 1950s or earlier American south. Where else are you going to find a delicious seafood brunch with a live blues band?

Kyle T, Owner at Danton's Gulf Coast Seafood Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Hi - Thanks so much for the nice review and especially for letting me know about the Open Table availability. OT went to a new system about a year ago that is very confusing and makes it difficult for restaurants to make the changes they need to unless they have PHD in OT programming. Thanks to you and another guest we researched it and figured out what was wrong. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

Being born and raised in Houston, and now living far away, I was looking forward to seafood for my return visit. I ordered a dozen oysters on the half shell. They looked beautiful, plump and large. But one taste and discovered they were slimy and definitely not fresh. Juice was cloudy and thick. Main course was Crab au Gratin. The cheddar was so overpowering I couldn't taste the delicate crab. Little other seasoning. Very disappointing. The server and the wine were excellent. For the money I paid for lunch (just under $100) I expected far greater.

Kyle T, Owner at Danton's Gulf Coast Seafood Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Hi - I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy your meal. I do need to point out that I have never heard anyone say that our oysters are not fresh. That is just not true. I have tags for every bag we open and we cull our oysters thoroughly before serving. Perhaps you have not experienced Gulf Coast oysters in a while. Regardless I am sorry you did not enjoy the items you selected, but I appreciate hearing the positive feedback about the server and the wine. If you should ever give us another try please ask for me or Louis. We may be able to guide your toward selections more to your taste.
Best Regards.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Went to have a fine dinning meal with family for Easter. The food was memorable. We had appetizers of the largest crab cake ever and 2 baked oysters plates. Wonderful!! I had the soft shelled crab with a side red beans and rice. The rest of family (8) a variety of seafood dishes. The amazing thing was all food arrived at the same time and was hot. Oh we had dessert and that was as good as the the entrees. Delicious.

1  Thank jacktn13
Kyle T, Owner at Danton's Gulf Coast Seafood Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. It was our pleasure serving you and we are glad you had a memorable time. Hope y'all can come back soon.