Stayed here for business on a weekend. This hotel was not of my choosing, as I've stayed here before and it is out of the way for my needs. But if you are looking to save money then this place will do just fine.
Staff: I only had one interaction as I checked in, and although friendly, not quickly attentive.
Hallways: Looking there age. Old carpet, dust in the corners, and worst of all was a strong cigarette smell - at least on the 3rd floor hallway.
Room: Fortunately, when I got in my room on the 3rd floor it didn't smell like smoke. In fact, it looks like there has been a recent update with modern fixtures/cabinets. Everything was clean and the bed comfortable. Both nights were restful with no annoying sounds or smells.
Buyer beware: This is an extended stay. In fact, as opposed to some other extended stays, no one will empty the garbage, or even step in the room during a 2 night stay. And no breakfast, accept for a few snack and frozen food items to purchase. There is a workout room, but I did not use it.
Pros: My 3rd floor room was updated, clean and comfortable. Value (aka cheap)
Cons: Cigarette smell in hallway of 3rd floor - enough so that some others in my party chose a 2nd floor room. Few staff - somewhat inattentive. No daily garbage, towel, bed service. No breakfast. Location - out of the way for my needs.
Recommendation: stay here only if it such a good deal that no other place makes sense. If you're not a smoker - beware, but there are some OK rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to beautiful Clear Lake, an attractive community hotel in Houston! For business or pleasure, the Candlewood Suites Houston-Clear Lake offers the utmost in comfort and convenience for your extended stay travel. Situated in the Bay Area right on the Gulf of Mexico, Clear Lake is an exciting community in Houston, TX. Students and families visiting the University of Houston-Clear Lake will appreciate this nearby all-suite hotel that is also is convenient to a number of businesses and attractions. We are near Lockheed Martin, Jacobs Engineering and Boeing, making this the ideal hotel for corporate travel. Stay productive during your trip with free high-speed wireless Internet access and a spacious work area. Space Center Houston is a must see for quick trips or an extended stay vacation in Clear Lake, and be sure to visit the beautiful Baybrook Mall, only three miles away. Our hotel is also just minutes from the exciting Kemah Boardwalk! Don't forget to check out downtown Houston while you're in town. We offer the best in amenities, including free guest laundry facilities, our Candlewood Cupboard and our 24-hr Candlewood Gym. After a long day, our suites with more space and full kitchens offer the home-like experience you need to get comfortable. Our friendly staff looks forward to serving you on your next visit to this welcoming hotel in Clear Lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Evoline ltd, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, HotelQuickly, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Candlewood Suites Houston - Clear Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Houston/Clear Lake Hotel Houston
- Candlewood Houston
- Houston Candlewood Suites
- Candlewood Suites Houston - Clear Lake Texas