Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer
Hyatt.com
USD 291*
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfront desk staffthe hotel managernear gallerialong stayenjoyed my staycheck in was easycheck in was a breezerooms are cleanhome away from homespecial thankshouse keepingwould recommend this hotel to anyonewonderful stayconvenient locationbed was comfortablefree breakfastcvs
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Convenient location , nice staff and facilities. They are located right up the street from the galleria along with a lot of restaurants. I am a long term guest here and have never had any issues with the staff etc. definitely would recommend

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Wow - Bailey, thanks for the awesome feedback. We are delighted to know you are enjoying your stay and that our location is perfect for your needs. We appreciate you recommending Extended Stay America and please enjoy the rest of your visit.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

This was probably the nastiest hotel I've ever been too.. me and my family came for 2 days to go to visit the Galleria. We had rented 2 rooms.
When we got to the first room the first thing we noticed was that the doors do not close properly leaving a at least one inch gap. The tv was not working properly . The shower was dirty and had hair everywhere and soap stains. The toilet was so old it had turned black in places . The towels were stained with makeup . On our beds we found a total of 7 bugs that were still alive. The sheets were so used up you could see through them at places . Also more hair in the beds. The pillows were also so old they were ripped up from the inside.

The other room we had rented had the same problems with bugs and hair and dirty bathroom. It was just as bad. Also the mattresses had no protective sheets. And a very blurry tv. The towels ripped the second they got used.

The first room was so bad we asked to change rooms. So the second room they gave us was horrible. Stains in the carpet and walls. The door still didn't close well making us feel unsafe considering anybody could walk to the side of the hotel and just open the doors if they wanted . Their was used soap in the shower with hair everywhere and toilet paper that was almost empty. We had a total of 2 towels for 4 people. The sheets were again so old and used up. Their was a hair elastic that was on the floor full of hair and food crums. The counters were still full of dust .
The ac in all our rooms were so loud you couldn't even hear each other talk . And because their was a gap in the doors all the cold air wouldn't stay in the room their for making not even half the room cool.
And let's not forget the horrible mood smell their was .
The food was horrible and was always empty.
Also before leaving we saw a cleaning lady go into a room and it literally took her a total of 5-10.to clean the room. She did not pass a vacume and we didn't see her go near the bathrooms .

All that to say I do not recommend going here at all!! This place is a major health hassard!! You are better off spending the couple extra $$ and going across the street to the Derek Hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

We are disheartened to read your review. Please accept our sincere apology for the problems you encountered. You deserved a comfortable and stress-free stay, and we did not live up to your expectations. I will personally address these issues with the appropriate teams to ensure happy guests is our number one priority. I truly regret the inconvenience caused and please consider us again so that we can restore your faith in our hotel and provide you with the hospitality you should always expect from us.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

I am so dissapointed with the services I received at this hotel.
First of all, Houston is in a state of Emergency, which means, people have to help each other.
I book this hotel through Hotels.com on August 23 and was told I needed to wait until 3pm to check in.
I stayed 2 nights since my flight was canceled. I needed to stay more nights cause all the flights in/out of Houston were cancelled. The manager at this location was very rude and heartless. She told me she couldn't accommodate me another night cause the hotel was full. Then she told me she could, but it is the hotel policy to stay 7 nights in order to get a room through them.
I explained her i cant commit to stay 7 nights since I was a stranded traveler so she asked me to leave.
It was almost 11 am so I told her I needed to stay at least until 12pm. She told me the checkout was at 11am and that she needed the room for God knows who.
I explained her there was no uber/taxi available and that it was a risk for me to be walking in the streets looking for another hotel. She told me it wasnt her problem. I even mentioned her that Houston it was in a state of emergency and she didnt care.
I had to walk in the middle of the rain until i was able to find another hotel.
This behavior is inappropriate for a Manager, even worse in an emergency situation.
If I dont received an appropriate response from this Corporate Office I will have to take this complaint to the next level since I dont deserve the treatment I received at this place.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank AntonioF3549YR
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

Antonio, the staff interaction you mention in your review concerns us very much. We pride ourselves on providing excellent hospitality to each of our guests, and we are sorry this was not your experience. Rest assured we will follow up on your concerns to ensure we are well poised to serve you better during your next stay. Once again, we regret the inconvenience caused and hope you will consider giving us another chance so that we can make it up to you.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Had to stay here for 1month for my work and homeless people kept comming in and threatening GUEST! Also threatened the lady at the front desk! The homeless people would wait till someone left their room and before their door close they would sneak in and steal all their stuff!!The homeless would even check the doors at night to see if any were unlocked... we could hear them wiggle our door nobs and our co-workers also had this problem... over all we felt very unsafe at this hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank chloe112233
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We take these matters very seriously and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future. General Manager

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Great hotel with even greater staff. Both the Hotel Manager Deianari Senegal and Assistant General Manager Sheena Gaines were of great help and super friendly. Everyone was super helpful, and were able to answer all my questions. I arrived 5 hours before check-in, and they were able to accomodate me right away by putting me as a VIP.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Houston - Galleria - Westheimer, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Jay, thank you for posting your kind review of Extended Stay America. It was a pleasure to read about the great service you received from our courteous staff, especially from Deianari and Sheena. They will be pleased to know their efforts are noticed and appreciated by our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.