Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
USD 120
  • Breakfast included
USD 144
USD 116
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 186/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
USD 186
USD 150
USD 141
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 163/night.

USD 166
USD 174
USD 161
Priceline
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 193/night.

All reviewsrental carother hotelscontinental breakfastbed was very comfortablefront desk staffyogurtiahshuttlemicrowaveairlinekeysfreeway
Reviewed 8 December 2015

After staying in over 20+ hotels in the last 2 months many of which have bee part of the choice hotels family we were a little disappointed with our check in experience and a few other things.

After being on the road for 6 hours we were greeted by a young man who just didn't seem like he was bothered, the normal/basic run of the mill check in procedure as most people know goes a little something like this...

1. Greeting "how are you?" welcome to "x" hotel
2. Breakfast is from "x" until "x"
3. Wifi code is "x"
4. Your room is "x" and you need to take the stairs/elevator just behind you on the right.
5. Thank you, have a great stay let me know if you need anything else.

Ours was...

can I help?
ID?
credit card?
Sign this
Your room is "x" on the 2nd floor!

As we didn't know any of the above we had to ask and got the feeling that we were getting on his nerves, first impressions really count and we didn't start with a great one which was a real shame as the other staff we met the next day seemed great.

A few other things that kind of annoying was that the front desk didn't carry any change, I'm not expecting a bank teller but just enough for a few dollars change for the vending and laundry machines on two occasions I was forced to walk to other hotels nearby to change my money.

The location is close to the airport, however if you need something to eat other than a Chinese and Subway that's all your going to find close by so I would find something to eat prior or go to the Deerbrook Mall which was about a 10 minute drive away.

Some other reviews complained about the noise from planes, yes it is noticeable but lets face it your near an airport all the hotels in this area are going to be the same but it didn't stop us getting a good nights sleep.

Stayed: December 2015
Jack K, General Manager at Comfort Suites Bush Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time out of busy schedule to write a review regarding your recent stay. Your feedback is very important and I will be sure to share your feedback to my team members and correct any deficiencies.

Hope we will see you back in Houston and at our hotel soon!

Jack K . GM

Reviewed 13 November 2015

Great for an early flight, front desk very friendly. When we went to drop our rental car at the airport early evening they had the shuttle pick us up and bring us back to the hotel. Also recommended a great place to eat.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2015

Very convenient to meet friends flying in to George Bush. Food close by and airport minutes away. Staff very friendly, rooms great and good breakfast. We would stay there again. If you want to see the planes, ask for a room at the front of the hotel!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2015

I was in Houston for a job interview and called the Comfort Suites when my flight home was cancelled. Susan quoted me a rate of $79 on the phone with the corporate discount for the company I was interviewing with, but when I showed up she would not honor that rate and told me that it was $159 because she wouldn't accept the paperwork from my employer telling me they offered the rate and to ask for it with the confirmation. She was the same person I had spoken with on the phone and explained the situation to originally when I had booked from the airport. Now I was stuck at Comfort Suites without a shuttle and had to walk to a couple of different hotels to find a rate I could afford. I had asked to speak with the manager, Jack Kaphle, but he was unreachable. Overall, the service was terrible and the front desk was very rude. What was most upsetting was the fact that after explaining the situation and asking for the corporate rate, I was told it would be no problem... until I was stuck there.

Room Tip: I would avoid this hotel due to poor management practices.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Kerry R
Reviewed 15 July 2015 via mobile

Shuttle picked us up in 10 min, drive was only 8 min, check in took 3 min. Happy to find that we had a fabulous suite with pillow top beds/ lots of pillows/ heavy curtains- all for $88 and breakfast included. Only annoyance was the 24 hour coffee station only had powder creamer. They make shelf stable cream tubs that are very inexpensive now. Usually a hotel this nice would have that.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple