“Wow”
Review of The Pit Room

The Pit Room
Ranked #36 of 8,897 Restaurants in Houston
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Great stuff. I wasn’t aware of how things worked so I started at the bar since I was dining alone. They explained that the food had to be ordered at the restaurant but could be brought in. The line was short. I ordered a three meet platter. I loved the brisket, pork rib and pork sausage. The coleslaw was also very good

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Checked this place out over the weekend, and wasn't disappointed. Good bbq, line moves at a fairly good pace, and the place has a good vibe.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

I was a beginner with friends in search of great southern BBQ for me look no further than The Pit Room great hospitality great price and tasty food.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

While in Houston I searched for another Texas Monthly best 50 BBQ places and the Pit Room was near my hotel. So after checking out I got in the car and followed directions from my map app to guide me through some narrow streets, and finally made it there right after 11:00 AM (when the open).

As I pulled into the parking lot there were two vehicles and wondered if they were opened. After taking photos outside of the sign and wall art I walk in see a crowd. I guess they parked on the other side, walked or ride shared. I stood in line for a few minutes staring at the menu on the wall. Decided to order the usual taste test, 1/2 pound of brisket and pork ribs. The menu had other choices like bbq sandwiches, tacos, and chili. I was next in line and told the butcher I wanted 1/2 brisket and funny he thought I meant an actual 1/2 of brisket not 1/2 pound of brisket. It was a first for me. Anyway got potato salad and macaroni & cheese as sides, and bread was included. They serve beer too but a little to early for me.

There was plenty of seating since they just opened. Thick wood tables added to the atmosphere of this place defined as a true country bbq kitchen. The decor is perfect and even country music is piped in. This is the way you do it!

The brisket was cut medium thickness and was from lean to semi moist. The meat was cooked perfectly where it had a nice peppery crust with some fat on it to give it flavor. It was truly amazing. The pork ribs were big and had the same peppery flavor. Very excellent where the meat was not too soft. Kudos to the pit master !

The bread was thick but a little dry. The potato salad was very tasty and made right. The macaroni & cheese was not bad either and made with shell pasta.

The staff is very professional and being just opened since 2016 they are doing quite well. One recommendation is to remove the few parking spots in front of the outdoor seating and expand the patio area all the way to the street to add more seating.

While leaving I saw three girls taking photos and saw it was of two huge beef ribs. That is two pounds of meat, hopefully they enjoyed it. I see why the Pit Room is on the list and definitely check it out.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Jackpot! This is excellent barbecue. Some of our group got the giant beef ribs, which they said were outstanding, but I went with the three meat platter of chicken, beef sausage and brisket with the sides of potato salad and Mexican corn. It was all delicious. Bottled Coke and a piece of fresh baked cherry pie topped off this fabulous meal. Go earlier to avoid the long lines and some options running out. Highly recommended. Hope to be back soon.