All reviews olive garden front desk breakfast buffet indoor pool living room business center king suite home away from home would definitely stay here again coffee maker enjoyed my stay saltgrass freeway
Reviewed 22 November 2015 via mobile

The bedroom was silent! I slept like I was at home. I am very sensitive to noise and normally sleep fitfully in hotels, but the suites in this hotel provide a quiet room away from the noise of the hallway. Note: if you have someone sleeping on the sofa in the living area, you will hear all the noise in the common area. The staff was extremely friendly. This is an older property that has been remodeled. Some of the cabinets are chipped, but over all very nice. Good water pressure in the shower. Each room has fridge, microwave, coffee maker and wet bar. I booked on Priceline for a deal, but this is one of the few places I've stayed where full list price is a great value. I would stay here again.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind review and for your loyalty. We are beyond happy to hear that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us here in Houston. We pride ourselves on clean facilities and exceptional service; and it' wonderful to know you agree. We will be sure to pass along your compliments and we can't wait for your next visit through the area. Safe travels!

Reviewed 14 November 2015 via mobile

Quiet room, outstanding front desk assistance, good food for dinner and a great breakfast. Awesome interior layout. Secure and well lit parking. Next to the freeway and easy access to southwestern Houston. Will stay here again on my next trip to the area.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank TLF56
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2015

Thank you so much for your kind review and for your loyalty! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We also appreciate you recognizing our hardworking staff. We strive to provide our guests with clean facilities and exceptional service; and it's wonder you agree. Our convenient location off the highway makes any trip a breeze and we will be sure to pass along your compliments. We are already looking forward to your next visit. Safe travels.

Reviewed 8 November 2015

Having stayed at this property many times it seems as recent as June that the hotel is slowly declining.

The property itself is in good order, and the beds amazingly comfortable. Food from the menu has been swapped out for the more mundane. The breakfast buffet has been downgraded, err, cost evaluated. Fresh apples, bananas, or oranges are mostly a thing of the past. Mixed cut fruit, well let's just say there is not so much of a mix. Since I am not a huge breakfast eater at 7:30 a.m., I can let this slide.

My past visit in September, after presenting my Gold Elite membership card, the desk clerk acted as if she didn't what to do with it. I gently let her know to make sure my number was attached to my reservation for reward points. I was not offered an IHG welcome package. Even though, there were plenty displayed on the side of the desk. After my check in was "complete", I still had to ask for the breakfast vouchers that came with the price of the room. Chalk it up to inexperience.

Most importantly, what is missing is the enthusiastic staff. For years there was little-to-no turnover. Now there are few familiar faces. The staff while pleasant and trying to be helpful, seemed stressed and had an aura of glumness.

Hopefully, management realizes that their employees' often reflect their manager's management and leadership style.

It's not too late to turn it around.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We strive to give every guest the exceptional service you deserve, and we regret you experienced otherwise. It is comments such as yours that allow us to improve our internal operations to better serve our valued guests. We are confident your next stay at the Crowne Plaza will be met with the level of hospitality our guests are accustomed to. We will share your comments with our staff and hope to have another opportunity to serve you again in the future. Kind regards.

Reviewed 9 October 2015

This Crowne Plaza is a great hotel. Seriously comfortable with spacious rooms and top end amenities. Cable TV has many overseas stations from China, Russia, South America, etc. Good restaurant for dinner and a nice buffet breakfast to start the day.

Room Tip: The west side rooms are away from the highway so should be quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2015

We appreciate you taking the time to write your review and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Crowne Plaza. We strive to make our guests feel at home here and we certainly pride ourselves on exceptional service and facilities. It's wonderful you agree. We are also glad you were able to take advantage of our various amenities and we can't wait until your next visit. Safe travels!

Reviewed 6 October 2015

Hold on to your cowboy hats and be prepared to be amazed! It starts when you walk in and are immediately greeted, then you make your way to the elevators up to your room and wow, clean, spacious, w/all the comforts of home. The sheets smell amazing not like a hotel sheet but like your sheets at home ahhhh. Wake up in the morning and make your way to the atrium for a breakfast to die for with a buffet or your choice of omelets made fresh. The staff is attentive and very accommodating and make the start of your day pleasant. No matter what you need they are ready to help and happy to do it. This hotel is luxury and comfort like no other Crowne I've ever stayed at!!!! Thank you Sugar Land for this gem

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Lglsmrty13
HIG110, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Suites Houston - Near Sugar Land, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind review and for your loyalty. We are beyond thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us here in Houston. We work very hard to give you the exceptional service you deserve, and we are so happy you agree. We are also glad you were able to enjoy our comfortable accommodations, plus our complimentary breakfast buffet. We appreciate you for also recognizing our dedicated staff - they aim to make every guest leave a little happier than they arrived. We will be sure to pass along your compliments and we can't wait for your next visit with us. Safe travels!