“A bit disappointed.”

Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Hixon
Cuisines: British
Good for: View
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A local country pub with two log burners in the winter months to welcome you. Real ale, fine wines and great traditional British food on offer.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

With this being part of LP I was expecting a lovely Sunday lunch with the family. Slow service, even though only a handful of tables in. Roast beef cooked well done or well....Done! Yorkshire puds appeared bought in. Children's meals didn't rate well either. Over charged for an extra pint, which was rectified. Sticking with D&D in future.

ChrisLStaffs, Owner at The Bank House Hixon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Hi UncleP2U,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at The Bank House.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your experience and will address your comments with our Operations Manager and Head Chef, this is not our usual standard and I can only apologise for the shortfall in service and food quality that you received. I hope you will give The Bank House another try in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Emily Lewis

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We have visited here quite a few times now since the Lewis Partnership Group took it over and the quality is always consistent. We knew the chef Matt from his time at the groups other pub the Dog and Doublet and he is shining here in his own right. The staff are warm and professional, service and food is excellent and the vegetarian options a lot more imaginative than the usual fare. Highly recommend you to try it.

2  Thank Lugworm L
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Visited this restaurant today for the first time and had a lovely lunch. The food was of a very high quality. It was served promptly and was piping hot. The staff were polite and very friendly and carried out their duties very professionally. I will definately visit visit again.

2  Thank suzypuzyaf
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Came here for a late Sunday dinner on Easter Sunday.
It’s a very pleasant pub with a friendly feel to it. We were given a special Easter menu and all the food sounded delicious to which I ordered the creamy garlic mushrooms followed by chicken in a white wine sauce, finished off with a creme brûlée all of which was absolutely delicious.
The staff in turn were very polite and courteous.
I think we maybe returning.

2  Thank Roomeycannock
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Had the most beautiful meal this evening. Our first in the Bank House since being taken over by the Lewis Partnership. It definitely didn’t disappoint!
The service was exceptional without being over bearing. I had the fish pie with cheddar mash and greens which was delicious. Very generous potions but still had space (a special pudding compartment) for desert. I had banoffee cheesecake which was perfect. A great meal and very reasonably priced for such quality food.
Very impressed, I’m hoping we can visit as a family and the children’s menu isn’t like many nice pubs. Fingers crossed.

3  Thank Sarahs33